Cheesecakes are a decadent pleasure. Rich, creamy and delightfully sinful, cheesecakes have been around probably for as long as the phrase “the land of milk and honey” have been in use.
For my DIY desserts, I gravitated towards mini cheesecakes since baking time is shorter and there is less chance for uneven cooking of the filling.
Here is a tried-and-tested recipe of Mini Blueberry Cheesecake that I prepared for my family last New Year.
For the crust:
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 3 tbsp white sugar
For the filling:
- 2 225g bars of Magnolia Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 1 595g blueberry filling
- Pre-heat oven to 175-deg C and line muffin pans with paper cups
To make the crust:
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
- Press 1/2 tbsp of the crumb mixture onto the bottom of the muffin cups. Set aside.
To make the filling:
- Beat cream cheese at lowest setting until smooth and fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar and salt while beating.
- Add eggs one at a time until incorporated then add vanilla extract and cream. Mix well.
- Allow cheesecake batter to rest for 10 minutes to remove air bubbles formed during the mixing process.
- Scoop cheesecake batter into prepared crust and bake for 20-25 minutes or until sides are firm but center is slightly jiggly.
- Remove cheesecakes from the oven, let them cool then refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with chilled blueberry filling.
Note: You can replace the blueberry filling with red cherry filling.
Want to try this recipe today? There’s no need to leave home to shop for ingredients. With Honestbee, just order your groceries online and you’ll get them delivered right at your doorstep at your preferred time. Use this referral link and get Php500 off for a minimum spend of Php2,500. You can download the Honestbee app on iTunes or Google Play.
If you’re in the US and an Amazon Prime member, sign up for a free trial of Amazon Fresh to get your groceries delivered to you.