Part of the family’s Baguio vacay itinerary is a visit to the BenCab Museum. After hearing rave reviews about the place from friends for so long, and having an art geek for a daughter, I was glad to finally step foot in it.
Well, the 30-minute travel and all the walking around that we did took its toll on me and I got so hungry. The fam then decided to take our breakfast at Cafe Isabel, located at BenCab Museum’s lowest level.
Similar to the museum’s upper levels, Cafe Sabel offers fantastic views of the mountainside. It also leads to an organic farm and garden that, sadly, we weren’t able to explore due to the rain. The farm supplies fresh and organic ingredients for the cafe’s food offerings.
Our food orders were:
- Basil Pesto (Php200). The pasta has a fresh flavor and is adequate as a snack. You might want to add to your order if you’re really hungry (like we were!)
- Bagnet Rice (Php350). The crispy bagnet with melt-in-your-mouth fat went so well with the mountain red rice and chili eggplant salsa. After seeing me finish off my plate, hubby ordered his own.
- Carbonara (Php200). A bit on the saucy side but good, nonetheless.
- Strawberry Shake (Php120). It still has a bit of natural tartness from the fresh strawberries but my little boy loved it.
- Hot Caramel Coffee (Php150). It was a good pick-me-upper and helped energize me for the rest of the tour.
View this post on Instagram
Breakfast at Cafe Sabel at @bencab_museum . The travel going here and walking around took their toll and we got sooo hungry. The #BagnetRice is a winner! The #pesto, #carbonara, #strawberryshake and #caramelcoffee are pretty good too. Check out my resto review at beingjellybeans.wordpress.com (Search: Cafe Sabel). #foodie #foodiegram #foodstagram #travelandeat #jellybeansinthecityofpines
Hopefully, I get to visit the cafe again in the near future to try out its hot choco!
Cafe Sabel follows the same hours as the museum: 9am to 6pm Tuesdays to Sundays (closed on Mondays, Christmas and New Year’s Day).
For more info on BenCab Museum, click here.