One of the few positive outcomes brought about by the global pandemic is the realization that working from home is a viable option for many office workers.
Aside from allowing you to keep yourself safe by practicing social distancing, it also eliminated the costs and stresses of the daily commute, maintaining a work wardrobe and office meals. This setup also made for a smoother integration of your work life into your home life and vice versa.
As you may have already discovered, having a suitable work space at home is crucial to making a success of your WFH arrangement. Setting up your home office as a space for productivity and efficiency, while still imbuing your space with your personality, will help you perform in this kind of system.
In setting up your home office, you might want to keep these tips in mind:
- Optimize your workspace. Your work area at home may not be as spacious as the one you had back in your office, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be as hardworking. This can be achieved by ensuing that all you need for the day’s tasks are within easy reach and then neatly stored when not in use.
- Plan to be mobile. The best part of working from home is the flexibility, right? Who says you can’t work on that report while still in bed, or attend that meeting while also meeting your daily steps in the treadmill? Try to envision what you will need to be able to work anywhere in your home.
- Consider your comfort and ergonomics. Your comfort level can greatly affect your concentration and creativity. Maintaining proper posture and having appropriate lighting as you work will help you get your work done more efficiently.
Excited to furnish your home office with items to spur your productivity? Take advantage of Amazon Prime Day!
What is Amazon Prime Day?
On July 12 and 13, 2022, e-commerce giant Amazon.com will hold a mega summer sale offering lots of deals on its myriad of products, exclusively to Amazon Prime members.
Whether you’re transitioning from an on-site arrangement or upgrading your existing work-from-home setup, shopping on Amazon Prime Day will let you score a haul that get you ready and raring to work!
Add these must-have home office accessories to your cart in preparation for the big sale:
Standing Desk. Also called a “stand-up desk,” this home office furniture allow for greater movement and circulation for your lower body, thus easing aches and pains. You may opt for one that can be adjusted if you do want to take a sitting position.
Side Table Laptop Desk. Hunching over your laptop while on your bed is a no-no so if your home office is your bedroom, get a desk that can be slid into place when you need it and stowed to the side when not in use.
Lap Desk. If you don’t have space for a table or if you prefer to work while sitting on the couch, bed or rug, then a lap desk should be just right for you. Aside from helping you maintain a good posture and supporting your wrists as you type, a lap desk could also minimize the heat coming from the laptop towards you.
Laptop Stand. If you do have a desk at home, it may be positioned too low for you to work on your laptop comfortably for extended periods of time. Something to raise your laptop screen to eye level will prevent strain on your back and neck muscles.
Desk Organizer. You do need other things for work aside from your laptop. However, if these knick-knacks are cluttered around your desk, they could hamper your focus. Tidying them up into a desk organizer will give you a neater work space that will do wonders for your concentration.
Desk Pad. Far from being just a cosmetic touch to your workspace, a desk pad will prevent damages to your table surface from imprints by pen marks and also provides a non-slip surface for papers and small items.
So, are you now excited to shop for these items on Amazon Prime Day? Be sure to mark July 12 and 13 on your calendars!
Not yet an Amazon Prime member?
To take advantage of the awesome deals that await you during Amazon Prime Day, you need to be an Amazon Prime member.
You can also enjoy these exclusive benefits:
- Fast and free delivery. Get two-day, next-day or same-day delivery to a US address for millions of items.
- Prime Video. Get access to fresh movies releases and original award-winning Amazon productions.
- Prime Reading. Get access to a rotating catalogue of e-books and audio books including one free pre-release book every month from editor’s picks.
- and more!
Now, how to get your goodies home…
You might be getting worried about how much your Amazon Prime Day haul will set you back when it comes to shipping.
One way to minimize your shipping costs is by consolidating your packages via ShippingCart. It allows you to have your orders from e-commerce sites based in the US, UK, Australia and Japan delivered to a single shipping address in those countries where they are consolidated, then carefully packed into one parcel before shipping to your home address in the Philippines.
This also means that you can also purchase items that are not eligible for shipping to the Philippines!
Know more about ShippingCart and sign up for the service here. Indicate the US address provided by ShippingCart when you checkout your purchases on Amazon.com. Plus, use my code JELLYB to enjoy 15% off when you ship your consolidated parcels to the Philippines. (Discount will apply to first-time Shipping Cart users only. Code is valid until December 31, 2022.)
This post contains affiliate links.
Header photo by tirachardz on freepik