This morning, bro decided to rush over to the Bothell branch of Top Pot Doughnuts for our breakfast.
Top Pot Doughnuts is one of Seattle’s homegrown coffee and doughnut shops. It came about in a small brick storefront in north Capitol Hill, and now boasts of several branches in Washington and Texas.
The store’s interiors blend the vintage aesthetic with a cozy feel, a nice and quiet place to enjoy your morning sweets.
If, however, you feel like munching on your doughnuts while enjoying the brisk morning air and the beginnings of the day’s sunshine, head on outdoors.
Today, however, bro had the doughnuts to-go, so a dozen of these freshly-made treats were waiting for us when we came down for breakfast.
The ones I was able to taste include:
Raspberry Bismark Filled Doughnut. A decadent doughnut plump and heavy because it’s filled to bursting with raspberry filling.
Salted Caramel Old-Fashioned Doughnut. One of Top Pot Doughnuts most popular variants, this doughnut is crumbly on the outside and moist on the inside, which sets off its salted caramel topping quite nicely.
Pink Icing Feather Boa Doughnut. One of the store’s signature cake doughnuts, this has the exotic combination of sweet pink icing and coconut shavings.
These lovely treats were a sweet start to the day!
And here’s a cute bit of trivia for you: Top Pot got its name from an old, rusty vintage neon sign that the owners bought from a boarded-up Chinese restaurant named “Topspot.” After years in storage before being repaired, the “S” fell off, leaving the words “Top Pot.” They decided to adopt this name, as a way of blending the old with the new.
This Top Pot Doughnuts branch is located at 18001 Bothell Everett Highway, Bothell, WA 98012, open weekdays from 6am to 6pm and weekends from 7am to 6pm. For inquiries, call 206-631-2061.
Other branches are located at:
- 609 Summit Ave E, Seattle, WA 98102 (Tel: 206-323-7841)
- 2124 5th Ave, Seattle, WA 98121 (Tel: 206-728-1966)
- 6855 35th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98115 (Tel: 206-525-1966)
- 325 West Galer, Seattle, WA 98119 (Tel: 206-631-2120)
- 10600 NE 9th Place, Bellevue, WA 98004 (Tel: 425-457-7440)
- 1235 Maple Street, Issaquah, WA 98027 (Tel: 425-270-6161)
- 720 Third Ave, Seattle, WA 98104 (Tel: 206-454-3694)
- 1416 NW 46th Street, Seattle, WA 98107 (Tel: 206-454-3767)
- 590 Terry Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109 (Tel: 206-995-8296)
- 16095 Cleveland St, Redmond, WA 98052 (Tel: 425-497-8002)
- 815 N 10th Street #F, Renton, WA 98057 (Tel: 425-291-7483)
- 1206 Madison Street, Seattle, WA 98104 (Tel: 206-708-7244)
- 888 Western Avenue Suite E, Seattle, WA 98104 (Tel: 206-466-1729)
- 11701 97th Lane NE, Kirkland, WA 98034 (Tel: 425-307-1540)
- 2758 Alki Avenue SW, Seattle, WA 98116 (Tel: 206-466-6839)
- 101 Stewart Street, Seattle, WA 98101 (Tel: 206-269-5066)
- 2724 N Proctor Street, Tacoma, WA 98407 (Tel: 253-433-3852)
- 150 Sunset Ave S, Edmonds, WA 98020 (Tel: 425-582-2579)
For more details, visit www.toppotdoughnuts.com.
Check out the other restos I’ve tried in the Washington state area: