Sometimes, we just need a little bit of comfort every once in a while, more so, I think, on weekends.
It can be because we’ve had a terrible week, or we’re feeling some trepidation for the one that’s ahead of us. Whatever the reason, we can’t begrudge ourselves a little bit of indulging comfort to either soothe our nerves or to bolster them.
Especially, if that comfort comes in such a delicious form as it does at Nono’s Comfort Kitchen.
After touring Lakbay Museo before it closed its doors in S Maison, my daughter #ExhibitA and I decided to have our lunch at this chic little cafe located at the Atrium. Despite being located literally in the middle of all the action, it had a cozy feel to it that made us want to spend some time there.
Nono’s is actually named after founder Chef Baba Ibazeta-Benedicto’s father. His moniker was first used to name the chef’s famous confectionery creation, Nono’s Chocolate Oblivion but the menu soon grew to include other deliciously heartwarming and nourishing viands such as those we enjoyed during our meal.
Fried Truffle Cheese Wontons (Php185). Crispy fried wontons stuffed with mozzarella and cheddar cheese then drizzled with honey and truffle oil.
Nono’s Home-Style Fried Chicken (Php365 solo | Php685 big plate). Crispy boneless chicken fillet served country style with gravy and honey along with a dinner roll, fries and corn on the cob.
Mac ‘n Cheese (Php395) with added Bacon (Php125). Al dente shell pasta baked with a sauce made with gruyere, sharp cheddar and parmesan and topped with crispy bacon.
Nono’s Chocolate Oblivion (Php175). This is the cake that started it all: moist chocolate cake layered with whipped chocolate cream and topped with walnut praline bits. No wonder it was named one of Spot.PH’s top ten chocolate cakes of 2019.
With this awesome blend of sweet and savory flavors, my daughter and were able to savor our comforting foodie haven.
This Nono’s Comfort Kitchen branch is located at Atrium, S Maison, Marina Way Seaside Boulevard, Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay, open daily from 10am to 10pm for dine-in, takeout and delivery. For inquiries and reservations, call +63 915 7530819.
Other branches are located at:
- Level 1, Phase 1B, U.P. Town Center, Katipunan Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City
- Second Level, The Podium Mall, 12 ADB ave. Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong City
- Ground Floor, Three Central, Valero St., Salcedo Village, Makati City
- Upper Ground Floor, Expansion Wing, Festival Mall, Filinvest City, Alabang, Muntinlupa City
- Lower Ground Glorietta 2, Glorietta Complex, Ayala Center, Makati City
- Ground Floor, Phase 1, Abueva Entrance, Ayala Malls Manila Bay, Diosdado Macapagal Blvd, cor.Aseana Ave, Paranaque City
- P1 Level, Power Plant Mall, Rockwell Dr, Makati City
- Upper Ground Floor, Uptown Mall, 9th Avenue corner 36th Street, Uptown Bonifacio, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
- Ground Floor, 26th St., High Street South Tower 1, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
- G/F KL Tower, Gamboa, Legazpi Village, Makati
- Upper Ground Floor, Crystal Corridor, Pearl Wing, Okada Manila, New Seaside Dr, Entertainment City, Parañaque City
Nono’s Comfot Kitchen also delivers via GrabFood, FoodPanda and Pick*A*Roo.