Do you sometimes feel reluctant to bring visitors to your home, thinking that they’ll find your place too blah?
When you leaf through lifestyle magazines, do you find yourself wishing your home is as full of pizzazz as those featured in those pages?
While large furniture pieces may be hard to get rid of or replace, you can easily add a home accessory to your space that will totally change its look.
Why accessorize your home?
Similar to how, in fashion, the right accessories add personality to a whole outfit, the right home accents can imbue your spaces with your own style and uniqueness.
Accent pieces can impart a seasonal feel to your decor. By choosing accessories that embody the time of the year, you can bring the changing seasons to your home.
Are you ready to accessorize your home? Here are some sensible rules of thumb to guide your selections:
- Go for quality over quantity. You don’t need to fill your spaces with as many bric-a-bracs as you can get your hands on. Just go for a few choice pieces that will impart style and uniqueness to your area.
- Go for pops of color and interesting changes in texture. Accent pieces should add visual interest to the room by providing contrast from large and neutral-colored pieces of furniture.
- Consider how the pieces fit into the room and with each other. Consider the proportion and scale of the pieces against the space: miniscule figurines in large mantel may just appear like clutter and a large piece of artwork will crowd a small room. To get a feel of how to arrange your accessories, start with the one or two larger pieces (use such items sparingly), then add small ones to fill in the space or achieve balance.
Top Picks from AllHome
The good news is that you won’t have to travel far to get good selections of home accessories: simply drop by your nearest AllHome outlet or shop online at allhome.com.ph.
Check out some of my top picks and see which ones can be worked in to your home.
Plants. Greenery adds freshness to a space, hence the proliferation of indoor plants painstakingly cared for by the resident plantito or plantita in many homes However, if you don’t have the time to care for a real plant, getting artificial plants or preserved flower arrangements is the next best thing.
Storage items. Tidy up your clutter while injecting some style to the area with chic decorative items that also serve as storage.
Tabletop decor. Add style to the various areas in the house through small but interesting pieces that can be placed on top of surfaces like tables, shelves, racks or mantels.
Wall decor. Break the monotony of the walls of your room through eye-catching wall-mounted decor or functional items such as clocks or memo boards.
Mirrors. Want to make a room look bigger or bring in more light to a space? You can do both with strategically placed mirrors.
So when you feel like your home is looking a bit drab or dull, you know that you can always jazz it up with a few well-chosen accents!
AllHome is the Pinoy’s one-stop shop for all home needs. It offers an extensive range of top-quality home-improvement products such as construction supplies, hardware, appliances, indoor and outdoor furniture, homeware, décor, and even electronic gadgets all under one roof.
Its Metro Manila branches include:
- Vista Place (Wil Tower), Eugenio Lopez Drive, Brgy. South Triangle, Quezon City
- E. Rodriguez Jr. Brgy. Bagumbayan, Quezon City
- Starmall EDSA-Shaw, Ground, Epifanio de los Santos Ave, Mandaluyong
- Worldwide Corporate Center, Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong
- Vista Mall Taguig, Levi Mariano Ave., Taguig City
- Vista Mall C5 Extension Road, Quirino Ave. Pulang Lupa Uno, Las Piñas City
- Vista Mall Las Pinas, CV Starr Ave., Philam Village, Pamplona, Las Pinas
You may also conveniently shop online at allhome.com.ph to take advantage of AllHome’s wide array of original and top-quality items, easy payment methods and fast delivery timelines without leaving your home.
In-store photos taken at AllHome WCC and product images taken from allhome.com.ph. Used with permission.