Ever since Hubby got me a convection oven, I have been scouring the net for baking and roasting recipes so I can maximize my new toy. This weekend, I decided to bake my family’s all-time favorite: chocolate chip cookies. I tweaked some items in the recipe I found (I added walnuts and tweaked the ratio of brown to white sugar).
- 2 cups softened unsalted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 190-deg C.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well-combined.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Fold in flour and baking soda until mixture forms a smooth dough.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts until evenly distributed.
- Scoop the dough into balls into a baking tray lined with butterred wax paper. Bake for 12 minutes.
Yields 96 4-inch cookies.
Want to try this recipe today? There’s no need to leave home to shop for ingredients. With Honestbee, just order your groceries online and you’ll get them delivered right at your doorstep at your preferred time. Use this referral link and get Php500 off for a minimum spend of Php2,500. You can download the Honestbee app on iTunes or Google Play.
If you’re in the US and an Amazon Prime member, sign up for a free trial of Amazon Fresh to get your groceries delivered to you.