My mom discovered the recipe for Frozen Mocha Cheesecake several decades ago and it has become a family favorite. We whip it up every year, particularly during special occasions and clan get-togethers. I decided to make it in time for our New Year’s Eve celebration tonight.
The original recipe is closer to this, but over the years, we have changed some ingredients depending on what is easily available or cheaper to buy.
For the crust:
- 30 pcs Hi-Ro chocolate biscuits, crushed (remove white filling prior to pounding with mortar and pestle) (Note: You can buy pre-crushed chocolate biscuits in some baking supply stores but these are usually available per kilo.)
- 1 100g stick Dari Creme butter, softened
- 2 tbsp white sugar
For the filling:
- 2 225g packs Magnolia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 300ml can Alaska sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup Clara Ole chocolate syrup
- 1 tbsp Blend 45 instant coffee dissolved in 1 tsp hot water
- 1 250ml Alaska Crema All Purpose Cream (you can use whipping cream as a more indulgent – or expensive – alternative)
- Combine all crust ingredients and press into the bottom of a 9-in spring form pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in condensed milk, chocolate syrup and dissolved coffee.
- In another bowl, whip all purpose cream until fluffy. Fold into the cream cheese mixture until evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the crust. Sprinkle some crushed chocolate biscuits on top as garnish.
- Put into the freezer for 6 hours until set.
Want to try this recipe today? There’s no need to leave home to shop for ingredients. With Honestbee, just order your groceries online and you’ll get them delivered right at your doorstep at your preferred time. Use this referral link and get Php500 off for a minimum spend of Php2,500. You can download the Honestbee app on iTunes or Google Play.
If you’re in the US and an Amazon Prime member, sign up for a free trial of Amazon Fresh to get your groceries delivered to you.