Just to be clear: I’m a firm believer of the #HappyLunch, the practice of taking your precious lunch break by going out to eat at one of your favorite restaurants or trying out a new place together with your officemates. This is a great way to decompress and bond with your workmates after a busy morning at work.
Lately, though, this can’t always be possible, especially as we’re all encouraged to practice social distancing and avoid crowded areas.
So how can we office-based foodies enjoy the food we love when we can’t go out of the safety of the workplace?
Thankfully, the largest udon noodles restaurant chain in the world, Marugame Udon, delivers via GrabFood!
Marugame Udon is dedicated to provide Japanese authentic made-to-order Udon noodles which are freshly kneaded, boiled and cooked every day. These noodles are made according to the practices in Sanuki, a region in the Kagawa prefecture known for the quality of its udon. The noodles’ flavors and textures are further enhanced by the broths made by the restaurant in small batches to maintain quality.
My officemates and I all placed our orders for two of Marugame’s popular udon dishes thirty minutes before lunchtime (that’s how long the delivery will take).
They arrived hot and steaming, totally appetizing!
Beef Ontama Bukkake Udon (Php210 regular | Php260 large). Made with marinated gyudon beef strips, Japanese poached egg, and mildly sweet bukkake soup.
Chicken Paitan Udon (Php200 regular | Php250 large). Made with sauteed chicken, a soft boiled egg, and creamy chicken soup that calls to mind your favorite chicken sopas.
With their plentiful broth and thick and chewy noodles, these udon bowls are very filling and helped fuel our work for the remains of the workday. I certainly didn’t mind my desk lunch too much!
This meal was ordered from the Marugame Udon branch located at the Lower Ground Floor, Fisher Mall, Quezon Avenue, Del Monte, Quezon City via GrabFood. Download the Grab App on the App Store or Google Play. Get a discount on your first food order when you use my code: GRABJELLYBEANS.
Other branches in the metro are located at:
- Upper Ground Floor, Main Building, SM City North EDSA, Bago Bantay, Quezon City
- Ground Floor, Phase 2, UP Town Center, Katipunan Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City
- Upper Ground Floor, Main Building, SM City Fairview, Novaliches, Quezon City
- Ground Floor, SM City Marikina, Marcos ighway, Calumpang, Marikina City
- Third Floor, Building A, SM Megamall, Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong City
- Second Floor, The Podium, ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong City
- Ground Floor, Main Mall, Ayala Malls Circuit, Carmona, Makati City
- Third Floor, Glorietta 4, Ayala Center, Glorietta Complex, Makati City
- Ground Floor, Uptown Place Mall, 36th Street corner 9th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
- B7, Bonifacio High Street, Lane P, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig