Like me, you might have been keeping your wanderlust contained for the past two years because of the pandemic.
It would be so good to be able to wander freely through many places, see the sights and get a much-needed change of scenery, wouldn’t it?
Well, given the still present threat of COVID-19, and the rising costs of travel due to soaring gas prices, we have no choice but to stay right where we are.
Or do we?
A visit to Lakbay Museo should soothe your need to wander.
The first PH interactive millennial museum
Lakbay Museo offers you a way to travel through our beautiful country in just a thousand steps. Over a two-hour time-frame, you can visit the majestic sights, delve into the rich culture, participate in the colorful festivals and get a slice of life from various parts of the country. This is done through fourteen unique experiences representing eleven exciting destinations around the country.
The museum also espouses the conservation of the environment, with nearly all of its exhibits built using 4,560 old and used tsinelas and scrap materials, 328 old rubber tires, 453 car mats, and other recyclable materials.
Plus, you get to take all the pictures you want for the ‘gram, with the museum’s IG-worthy displays as your backdrop!
Aside from the many photo opps that you can take inside Lakbay Museo, a visit here would definitely be perfect when you want to:
- Dive into iconic locations and experiences such as the Tondo alleys, the cobbled streets of Calle Crisologo, the Panagbenga Festival in Baguio, religious and historic destinations such as the Barasoain Church in Bulacan and Magellan’s Cross in Cebu, the Mindanao Royal House and the country’s marine biodiversity, all without leaving the metro
- Take a break from your usual haunts and go somewhere for a unique experience
- Supplement your kids’ learnings from Sibika at Kultura outside of books and videos, using tangible objects and interactive materials
- Introduce our varied, extraordinary and historic culture to returning balikbayans or friends from abroad
Immersive Pinoy experience
While strolling through the museum, you get to engage with various aspects of Pinoy life, a way of stepping out of your usual experiences and see the world from your fellow Pinoy’s eyes. These include:
… selling wares at the marketplace…
…reveling at the sheer variety of our local produce…
…and other aspects of life of many enterprising Pinoys through the ages.
Of course, the Pinoy life is not all work, work, work. Our lives have room for a touch of whimsy and the fantastical. From underwater creatures to floral bounties and floating horses, there are many things here to spark your imagination and fancy.
A sneak peek into the Pinoy’s rich and eclectic culture
What would a trip around the Philippines be without savoring its many cuisines? Regional delicacies are on full display, showcasing their particular culinary influences and practices.
From a room of floating lechon, a hanging flatlay of food to a long boodle table and a wide-set diorama explaining the nuances of local cuisines from thirteen different regions, the Pinoy’s love of food is quite evident.
Each region’s displays also showcase local color, products and crafts, from weaving to growing coffee, all highlighting the Pinoy’s penchant for creativity and craftsmanship.
Of course, all of these come into play during Pinoy-style celebrations where food, costumes, dances and songs abound.
So don’t fret about being stuck in the metro. There’s so much to see, do and experience at Lakbay Museo!
Lakbay Museo is located at Level 1, S Maison, Marina Way, Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City.
Tickets bought online are priced at Php699 person, which is inclusive of a two-hour tour of the museum.
Ongoing promos include:
- Lakbay 1 Get 1 – get two boarding passes for just Php799
- Little Byaheros – tickets for kids two to twelve-years-old are priced at Php350 (participating kids must present a school ID or birth certificate showing their birth date)