For most of us, home ownership is a major milestone.
It is not just the hallmark of the ability to make a significant long-term financial commitment, it is also the start of putting down roots. It involves creating a home and establishing your presence in a community for a long period of time, perhaps even permanently. When you own a home, your family has a place to grow up in, and you have a legacy to pass on to your children.
Home ownership also demands some sacrifice: aside from the major financial investment involved, you also need to maintain the home, keeping it clean and in good condition and ensuring that its facilities – from its furnishings and appliances to its fixtures – are working well.
With all of these important considerations, how can you know if you’re ready to own a home?
Here are some signs:
- You have a stable income. Paying off your home mortgage will take a significant portion of your budget over many years. You need to be able to count on a steady job or other revenue streams such as investments or side hustles to afford your monthly mortgage payments.
- You have saved – a lot! – for a rainy day. Should an emergency occur while you are making those monthly house payments, you need to be able to handle both without putting yourself in a sticky financial predicament. A good rule of thumb is to have money equivalent to six months of your monthly house payments set aside as savings prior to signing the deed.
- You have good credit. How you handle small debts – such as credit card payments – can be a strong indicator of how you will handle major financial responsibilities such as house payments.
- You are comfortable with managing and maintaining a home. Aside from making your monthly payments, home ownership also comes with many responsibilities such as maintaining the property, making repairs and remodeling when needed.
- Your life is aligned with home ownership. If you are at a time when you want more space to raise a family, pursue hobbies and interests, or to put down roots in an area you love, then it may be time to set up a home of your own.
So if you think you’re ready to dive into home ownership, be sure to check out your nearest Lumina Homes project!
These projects are available in over 50 key cities and municipalities in the Philippines such as in Rizal, Bulacan, Laguna, Isabela, Bataan, Zambales, Nueva Ecija, Tarlac, Pangasinan, La Union, Cagayan, Isabela, Cavite, Batangas, Laguna, Quezon, Albay, Sorsogon, Iloilo, Cebu, Negros Occidental, Agusan del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Bukidnon, Misamis Occidental, South Cotabato and Davao del Norte.
Each is strategically located close to major thoroughfares, transport hubs, schools, hospitals, and business and leisure centers.
Inside these communities are well-designed and constructed house models for one that will suit your needs from single-story starter home rowhouses to two-storey townhomes and detached units, all built with living and dining areas, provision for bedrooms, service areas, as well as toilet and bath.
Aside from having an affordable yet comfortable abode, living at a Lumina Homes community also affords you with amenities that are conducive to enjoyable times spent out of doors.
These include a basketball court, children’s playground, function hall, and mini gardens enclosed in a perimeter fence with 24/7 security, plus free shuttle service to and from town.
Getting your own Lumina dream home is made even easier, thanks to various financing options, such as:
- Pag-Ibig Financing which offers the lowest possible interest rate with a 14-month downpayment term and a 30-year maximum loan term
- Bank Financing which has faster loan processing with a 16-month downpayment term and a 20-year maximum loan term
- Deferred Financing which involves straight payment of total contract price over 24 month at 0% interest
- Spot Cash which involves full payment of total contract price applying a 6% discount if made within 30 days from payment of reservation fee, 8% if made within the reservation month, and 10% if made within 10 days of reservation date
Here’s how to get Php500 off when reserve your own Lumina home online:
- Visit Lumina Homes’ website.
- Click “E-Services” and “Reserve Online” then fill out your details.
- Fill out the project name, phase, block and lot of your preferred Lumina project.
- Proceed to payment and use my code JLBLMN500. Payments via GCash or debit/credit cards are accepted.
Prima Casa Land & Houses, Inc., known through its “LUMINA” brand, has evolved to be the practical choice of everyone in realizing their dream of home ownership. Lumina is the leading mass housing developer in the country with its roster of value-priced homes in affordable and self-sustaining communities.
For more information and announcements, follow @luminahomesofficial on Facebook or visit Lumina Homes’ official website at www.lumina.com.ph.
3 thoughts on “5 signs it’s time to consider buying your own home”
Thanks for sharing this tips with us, malaking help po ito to consider buying our own house ♥️
Thanks for sharing this talagang dapat I consider po Ang mga ito Lalo na para sa ating sariling bahay malaking tulong po ito
Ito tlga ung dapat , pero npka laking tulong nito sa lahat ang magkaroon ng sariling bahay . Thank you for sharing this 😍