The holiday season is a special time to indulge ourselves with tasty treats, and what better way to do so than to enjoy ourselves with a new delicious discovery from an old favorite?
That old favorite is the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, also known as CBTL.
This chain of cafes had its start in Southern California back in 1963 when its founder Herb Hyman began importing and roasting coffee as a coffee service for offices. Today, it has expanded globally and has presence in 32 countries.
One of its Metro Manila branches is located in One Park Drive where I recently spent my Saturday morning working on some items for the office and trying out its newest holiday beverage.
In the late 1980’s, CBTL started the craze for ice-blended drinks when a store manager in its Westwood California Store had a burst of inspiration, brought a blender to the store and started whizzing up a combination of coffee, chocolate powder and milk.
Its holiday season offering for this year is the Chocolate Banana Caramel Ice-Blended drink made with decadent dark chocolate and topped with caramel drizzle and banana caramel cubes.
It’s a cheery treat fit for the merriest of times!
I paired it with another chocolatey treat: CBTL’s deliciously rich Turtle Pie, a confection consisting of a chocolate cookie crumb crust and layers of salted caramel and cheesecake.
With these two treats, I was able to get through a busy Saturday morning.
This CBTL branch is located at the Ground Floor of One Park Drive, 9th Ave, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Metro Manila, open daily from 6am to 12 midnight.
Other Metro Manila branches are located at:
- Las Pinas: SM Southmall
- Makati: Ayala Triangle Garden, Ayala North Exchange, Century City Mall, Circuit Lane, Four Seasons Salcedo, Glorietta 2, Glorietta Activity Center, Greenbelt 5, iAcademy, Philamlife Tower, Phinma, Powerplant Mall, Rada Street, SM Jazz, The Residences
- Mandaluyong: SM Megamall, The Podium
- Manila: Adriatico, Avenue of the Arts, De La Salle University, Lateral Apartments, Midtown Padre Faura, One Archer’s Place, Robinsons Place Ermita, SM Grand Central, UST Bellagio Residences
- Muntinlupa: Alabang Town Center, Alabang Hospital, Ayala Malls Southpark, Festival Mall, Filinvest 2
- Paranaque: Okada Manila
- Pasay: Double Dragon Plaza, NAIA 3, Newport Kitchen, S’Maison, SM Mall of Asia, SMX Convention Center, Solaria Casino Resort, Two e-Com, W Mall
- Quezon City: Ayala Malls Cloverleaf, Banawe Lifestyle Center, Batasan Pambansa, Eastwood Mall, Fairview Terraces Mall, Fisher Mall, Gateway Cinema, Katipunan, M Place, Mezza Residence, Robinsons Galleria, SM Fairview Expansion Parkway, SM North EDSA, Tomas Morato, Trinoma Mall, UP North, UP Town Center, Vertis North
- San Juan: Promenade Greenhills
- Taguig: 26th Street Bistro Net Lima, Bonifacio High Street, Bonifacio Stopover, Burgos Circle, Central Square Cinema, Every Nation Building, Serener, Starmall Taguig, Uptown Mall, Venice Piazza McKinley Road
CBTL also delivers via GrabFood and FoodPanda.
Check out my previous posts about Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf: