It has become an all-too-familiar lament among us parents who are working from home: juggling all the tasks we are supposed to deliver for our jobs and overseeing the kiddos who are still adjusting to distance learning leave us very little time to prepare tasty meals for the fam to enjoy.
Fortunately, a solution to this quandary is just a few phone taps away, thanks to our trusty food delivery apps.
On one such busy day, Hubby decided to order our lunch from the BonChon branch nearby.
This chicken resto chain was founded on 2002 by entrepreneur Jinduk Seh. After spending two years perfecting the soy garlic and spicy glaze for his fried chicken, he opened his first resto BonChon (or “my hometown”) in Busan, South Korea.￼ By 2010, it has made its way to the Philippines, just in time to help sow the seeds of the Korean obsession of Pinoys.
Considering the fam’s considerable collective appetite, Hubby decided to get 6 pieces (Php462) + 8 pieces (Php613) assorted chicken pieces, all with our favorite soy garlic glaze.
Giving in to his daughter’s request, he also ordered a Mandu Box Meal (Php199). Mandu are basically Korean dumplings. BonChon’s version is deep-fried and glazed with soy garlic, similar to the chicken.
All we had to do is make sure we have lots of steamed rice ready for our meal.
As luck would have it, my morning meeting extended to lunchtime so my baby girl assembled a plate for me to eat while on telecon (my brain can’t function on an empty stomach, you know!)
So that’s it: the whole fam satisfied with a tasty meal, quick and easy!
To have your favorite K-style fried chicken from BonChon delivered right to your doorstep, call +62 2 86331818 or visit the BonChon website.
You may also course your orders through these food delivery apps.
Download the Grab App and get a discount on your first food order when you use my code: GRABJELLYBEANS.
Use this link to download the FoodPanda app and get Php100 off your first order
Check out my posts on other chicken places in the metro:
- Ray’s Hot Chicken, Malate
- Popeyes, Arcovia City
- Howl Chicken, Eastwood
- Buffalo’s Wings N’ Things, Tomas Morato
- Manokoloco, Tomas Morato
- Baliwag, Santa Lucia
- Peri-Peri Charcoal Chicken, Tomas Morato
- Chooks-to-Go, De Castro
- Max’s, Tomas Morato
- Mang Inasal, Libis
- Peri Peri Charcoal Chicken, SM East Ortigas
- Alabama Mamma, California Garden Square
- Bad Bird, SM Megamall
- Chicka Chicka Chicken House, Libis
- BBX, Glorietta
- Senor Pollo, Tomas Morato
- Oh My Chicken, Tondo
- Wing Zone, SM Megamall
- Bacolod Chicken Parilla, Tomas Morato
- JT’s Manukan Grille, Tomas Morato
- Chichario Peri Peri Chicken, Alabang
- Anchor Point Diner, Mandaluyong
- Hawker Chan, SM North EDSA
- Peri Peri Chicken, Eastwood
- Kenny Rogers Roasters, SM East Ortigas
- Classic Savory, SM East Ortigas
- Hainanese Delights, Robinsons Galleria