Want to jazz up your home-cooked meals or adjust the taste of your restaurant-bought meal according to your personal taste?
We Pinoys have a ready solution for it: our condiments!
Whether in the form of dipping sauces (“sawsawan”) or marinades (“pinagbabaran”), we are firm believers of further improving the flavor of our food with the addition of condiments.
One condiment that I think does not get enough credit – not being celebrated as much in the local food scene as the ubiquitous patis, toyomansi and sukang pinakurat – is the liquid seasoning. A soy-based sauce that imparts a unique blend of saltiness, sweetness and umami (savory and meaty taste), liquid seasoning imparts the flavors that appeal to the Filipino palate to various foodstuffs. It is usually sold in small bottles or containers that are easy to store and retrieve from our pantries whenever we need to add some flavor to our viands.
Add to the rub and use a extra seasoning for Baked Pork Ribs
Ellie Liquid Seasoning, marketed and distributed by Benby Group of Companies, deserves some of the limelight in the Filipino kitchen.
Here are reasons why it deserves the title of #BidaSaKusina:
- It’s very versatile. It can be used in a variety of dishes, whether as a marinade for meat and seafood, as a condiment for rice, noodles, and vegetables, and as a flavoring agent for soups, stews, and sauces.
- It has low-fat content. Ellie Liquid Seasoning is low in fat, making it a healthier alternative to other flavorings that are high in fat and sodium that can lead to risks with your heart health.
- It imparts that umami flavor. It is primarily characterized by that distinct umami flavor that adds depth and richness to dishes – that delicate balance between sweetness and saltiness that brings out the flavors of many of our favorite Filipino dishes.
- It’s an affordable and easily accessible way to enhance the flavor of food. Priced affordably at Php79 (SRP) per 280ml bottle and widely available in leading retail outlets and online stores, Ellie Liquid Seasoning is very accessible, providing Filipino households with an inexpensive way to add flavor to dishes without breaking the bank.
- It’s so easy to use. Need to imbue that umami flavor into your food? Just drizzle a bit of Ellie Liquid Seasoning into cooked food or pour into the marinade.
- It’s proudly Philippine-made. Get your Pinoy Pride on and support this locally-made product, thereby supporting the country’s economy and the growth of its food industry.
- It’s part of what makes the Pinoy dining experience unique. Filipino meals are usually served family style so condiments come into play to allow each family member to customize his meal according to his preferences. Ellie Liquid Seasoning is part of a long-standing tradition of being inclusive towards various personal tastes and preferences in every hapag-kainan.
Add to braising sauce for Beef Salpicao
So let’s give our very own liquid seasoning some love by exploring more ways to incorporate it into our cooking and by stocking our pantries with Ellie Liquid Seasoning.
It is available at leading retail outlets and online stores.
Know more about Ellie Liquid Seasoning and other Ellie PH products by following it on Facebook and Instagram.
Disclosure: Product samples were provided to facilitate this feature story.