Contrary to my initial assumption, Popeyes Louisiana Chicken, Inc. was not named after my childhood hero Popeye the Sailorman. Instead, owner Al Copeland always claimed that his inspiration for the name of his fried chicken company was Det. Jimmy “Popeye” Doyle, Gene Hackman’s character in The French Connection.
That wrong assumption aside, I had no other expectations when Hubby requested that we take advantage of Popeyes’ free delivery promo to get some of this resto’s famous fried chicken for our merienda.
We have been busy working from home ever since the start of the community quarantine and one of the usual highlights of our workday is our afternoon snack break.
Aside from the respite this little pocket of time gives us from our work, it also allows us to spend some time with the kids as we all enjoy what our friendly GrabFood delivery rider drops off at our doorstep.
On that particular day, we snacked on:
8-piece Bucket of Chicken (Php523). Crunchy skin and tender juicy pieces of Southern fried chicken that we can’t just help but bite into!
2 orders of Box of 3 Honey Biscuits (Php284). Crumbly and flaky quick breads that go so well with the chicken and a little bit of honey.
The chicken, biscuits and honey all come together for that unbeatable sweet-savory flavor combination that we so love.
This Popeyes branch is located at Arcovia City, 99 Eulogio Rodriguez Jr. Avenue, Ugong, Pasig City, open for dine in, takeout and delivery Mondays to Fridays from 10am to 8pm and Saturdays to Sundays from 9am to 8pm.
Other branches are located at:
- Alabang Town Center
- SM San Lazaro
- NU Tower, Mall of Asia Complex
- SM Southmall
- Ali Mall
- Robinsons Place Manila
Download the Grab App to get your own chicken and biscuits from Popeyes and get a discount on your first food order when you use my code: GRABJELLYBEANS.
Until September 19, enjoy free delivery of your Popeyes order from GrabFood for a minimum purchase of Php550 by using the code GRABPOPEYES.
Check out my posts on other chicken places in the metro:
- Howl Chicken, Eastwood
- Buffalo’s Wings N’ Things, Tomas Morato
- Manokoloco, Tomas Morato
- Baliwag, Santa Lucia
- Peri-Peri Charcoal Chicken, Tomas Morato
- Chooks-to-Go, De Castro
- Max’s, Tomas Morato
- Mang Inasal, Libis
- Peri Peri Charcoal Chicken, SM East Ortigas
- Alabama Mamma, California Garden Square
- Bad Bird, SM Megamall
- Chicka Chicka Chicken House, Libis
- BBX, Glorietta
- Senor Pollo, Tomas Morato
- Oh My Chicken, Tondo
- Wing Zone, SM Megamall
- Bacolod Chicken Parilla, Tomas Morato
- JT’s Manukan Grille, Tomas Morato
- Chichario Peri Peri Chicken, Alabang
- Anchor Point Diner, Mandaluyong
- Hawker Chan, SM North EDSA
- Peri Peri Chicken, Eastwood
- Kenny Rogers Roasters, SM East Ortigas
- Classic Savory, SM East Ortigas
- Hainanese Delights, Robinsons Galleria