Before the community quarantine and the ￼need to isolate ourselves in our homes began, I’m glad I was able to try something that will surely be a blessing in the days ahead.
LalaFood is a food delivery app that guarantees delivery of food orders within forty-five minutes or less with no minimum order required. (Note: Since the community quarantine was implemented, LalaFood has adjusted its delivery times in light of the increased demand for food delivery and its skeletal crew of riders.)
One busy workday, my friend and I could not find the time to get out of the office for our #HappyLunch. Not wanting to limit ourselves to the choices available in our office building’s food court, we grabbed our phones to look at the options available through the LalaFood App.
As luck would have it, one of the restos that deliver via LalaFood is the Pares Retiro branch nearby. Wanting a taste of Pinoy comfort food, we ordered ourselves variations of Beef Pares.
This dish is basically braised beef stew paired with garlic fried rice (hence the name pares) and usually served with clear soup. The beef cubes are simmered in a mixture of soy sauce, sugar and other spices, resulting in tender meat and flavorful sauce that go so well with the garlic rice.
My friend ordered the Classic Pares (Php155) while I got myself a Pares Tendon (Php165), which is basically beef pares made even better with the addition of tender litid (tendon) that seems to melt into the sauce and provide a contrast in texture to the beef and rice with every mouthful.
I even got myself a can of Sarsi from the Ministop store across the street to complete my meal.
We ate our comfort food bounty at our desks, not exactly the way I’d like to enjoy my food, but at least I had some time to eat and get ready for my meetings after our midday break.
All things considered, I’d say it was still a happy lunch. Wouldn’t you?
This meal was ordered from the Pares Retiro branch located at 205 Tomas Avenue, Barangay Laging Handa, Quezon City via LalaFood. Download the LalaFood App and get a free delivery coupon when you use my code: BEINGJMR53.
Other Pares Retiro branches are located at:
- P. Tuazon corner 17th Avenue, Cubao, Quezon City
- SM Hypermarket, EDSA corner Main Avenue, Cubao, Quezon City
- 344 Visayas corner Congressional Avenue, Pasong Tamp, Tandang Sora, Quezon City
- Food Court, Fourth Floor, Market! Market!, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
Check out my reviews of other Filipino restaurants:
- 121 Restaurant, Allegro Center
- Manam Comfort Filipino, Trinoma
- Tahanan Bistro, Antipolo
- Liloan’s Pride, California Garden Square
- Bench Cafe, Trinoma
- Kusina Moderne, Poblacion
- Bai’s Boneless Lechon Cebu, Pasig
- Liloan’s Pride Liempo, Greenhills
- Abbiocco, Paligsahan
- Chef Robert, Greenhills
- The Lechon Shop, Tomas Morato
- Angus Tapa Centrale, Tomas Morato
- Gerry’s Grill, Tomas Morato
- Luna J Filipino Gastropub, Tomas Morato
- Gerry’s Grill, SM Marikina
- Bacolod Chicken Parilla, Tomas Morato
- Classic Savory, SM East Ortigas
- Jaytee’s Tagaytay
- Buddy’s, Cubao
- Cabalen, Ayala Malls Feliz
- Limbaga 77, Tomas Morato
- Victorino’s, Tomas Morato
- Locavore, Kapitolyo
- Recipes, Tomas Morato
- Mozu at Ming’s, Tagaytay
- Siglo Modern Filipino, Tagaytay
- Conti’s, Greenbelt
- 13 Ubay Street, Banawe
- Ilustrado Restaurant, Intramuros
- Rico’s Lechon, Tiendesitas
- Fika, Capitol Hills, QC
- Sartin, Tagaytay
- Lazat, Tomas Morato
- Romulo Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Lobo Filipino Tavern, Poblacion
- Joliant, Tomas Morato
- Ombu Kusina, Tomas Morato
- Padi’s Point, Sumulong
- Padi’s Point, Upper Antipolo
- Padi’s Point, Tomas Morato
- Padi’s Point, Metro East
- Sisig Society, Fisher Mall
- Tapsi ni Vivian, Pasig
- Lola Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Pamana, Tomas Morato