Certified carnivores like Hubby, my daughter #ExhibitA and myself have a special affinity for RACKS.
This resto chain’s name stands for Real American Country Kitchen Style, so you can expect Southern-style hearty servings and rich flavors from down-home recipes, and what they claim to be “The Best Ribs in town.”
It is no wonder, then, that the fam would want to spend lunchtime at the newly opened branch of RACKS at Tiendesitas, which is nearest to our home.
There, we shared a meal comprised of:
The Onion Brick (Php295). Thinly sliced, marinated and lightly-breaded onion rings deep-fried to a crisp into a brick shape then served with a spicy remoulade and barbecue sauce. This particular iteration of the dish was a bit too oily, though, compared to the other times we had this dish.
Classic Pork Ribs (Php455 quarter rack | Php685 half rack |Php1,315 full rack). Slow-cooked to tender and smokey perfection, these meaty cuts of pork ribs never fail to appeal to us. We originally planned on getting just one half rack but we felt a bit bitin so we ended up ordering another half rack. I guess we were quite ravenous that day!
I prefer to eat my RACKS Classic Pork Ribs with Garlic Rice and Coleslaw while Hubby and Exhibit A prefer their ribs with Java Rice and Mac & Cheese.
Of course, these ribs are best enjoyed with RACKS’ Original Barbecue Sauce!
Another filling and hearty family meal done!
This Racks branch is located at Ground Floor, Building B, Frontera Verde, Ugong, Pasig City.
Craving for RACKS’ Classic Pork Ribs but stuck at home due to the enhanced community quarantine? You’d be happy to know that you can enjoy it at home by having RACKS’ frozen meats delivered from either its Tiendesitas branch or Paseo de Magallanes branch. Available meats include: Baby Ribs (Php1,733 for two full slabs), Classic Pork Ribs (Php1,381 for full rack), Premium Boneless Pork Ribs (Php1,403 for full rack) and Beef Ribs (Php1,485 for full rack). RACKS’ Original BBQ Sauce and Extra Hot BBQ Sauce are also available Php325 per bottle.
These are available for pick-up via walk-in (just call ahead of time to avoid long queues: +63 2 82341604 for Tiendesitas or +63 2 88215797 for Paseo de Magallanes) or for delivery via GrabFood or Food Panda.
Use this link to download the FoodPanda app and get Php100 off your first order.
Other Racks branches in the metro are located at
- SM Megamall, Ortigas, Mandaluyong
- Connecticut Carpark Arcade, Greenhills Shopping Center, San Juan
- The Fort Strip, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
- UP Town Center, Diliman, Quezon City
- Timog Avenue, Laging Handa, Quezon City
- Trinoma Mall, Bagong Pag-Asa, Quezon City
- SM North EDSA, Bago Bantay, Quezon City
- South Park Plaza, Magallanes, Makati City
- Robinsons Place Manila, Ermita, Manila
- ASEANA Square, Entertainment City, Paranaque
- Entertainment Mall, SM Mall of Asia, Pasay City
- SM Southmall, Almanza, Las Pinas
- Evia Lifestyle Center, Almanza, Las Pinas
- Festival Mall, Filinvest City, Muntinlupa
Check out my reviews about other restaurants serving American food:
- 390 Degrees, Entertainment City
- Holy Cow Sizzlers, Trinoma Mall
- TGI Fridays, Tomas Morato
- Prime Steakhouse, SM North EDSA
- Fat Daddy’s Smokehouse, UP Town Center
- BBX, Glorietta
- Swig & Nosh, Marikina
- Mom & Tina’s, Greenhills
- Anchor Point Diner, Mandaluyong
- Pound by Todd English, SM North EDSA
- Pound by Todd English, SM Megamall
- Pound by Todd English, Eastwood City
- 8 Cuts Burger Blends, Greenhills
- Charlie’s Grind & Grill, Tomas Morato
- Zark’s Burgers, SM East Ortigas
- Mad Mark’s, Kapitolyo
- Mad Mark’s, Robinsons Galleria
- Mad Mark’s, UP Town Center
- Mad Mark’s, BGC
- Mad Mark’s Glorietta
- Sunnies Cafe, SM Megamall
- Sizzlin’ Steak, SM East Ortigas
- Morganfield’s, Ayala The 30th
- Chili’s, Tomas Morato
- Outback Steakhouse, Glorietta
- Plana’s Pantry, Tomas Morato
- Buffalo Swing, Caniogan
- Banapple, Tomas Morato
- Vittorio’s, Tomas Morato
- Army Navy, Tomas Morato
- Big Daddy’s Steakhouse, Tomas Morato
- Melo’s, Tomas Morato