Momshies, do you sometimes wish that you could enjoy your guilty pleasures – like Pinoy street food – in full view of your kids?
Well, no need to hide your street food fix from your kids. In fact, you can take this opportunity to introduce them to Pinoy street food.
It’s all thanks to Mang Ding’s Pinoy BBQ and its frozen ready-to-grill Malinis, Masarap at Mura street food.￼
Mang Ding’s is where I had my first (and only!) taste of isaw. There, during a foodie meetup with fellow food bloggers, I had a whole lot of fun rediscovering tasty Pinoy street food, all freshly cooked at Mang Ding’s Instagrammable al fresco restaurant.
When Marikina was placed under quarantine and restrictions were placed on mobility and dining out, Mang Ding’s started offering its fare in frozen and ready-to-grill packs.
Each pack is frozen and vacuum-sealed, its contents seasoned and marinated with Mang Ding’s signature sauce.
Tonight, I flexed my indoor grilling muscles, got out my grilling pan and got to grilling.
And wouldn’t you believe it: it was actually quite easy!
First, I thawed out the frozen pack containing the pork barbecue and isaw. Then, I added six tablespoons of cooking oil to the basting sauce provided. I then brushed both sides of the meats while they were grilling until they’re done.
From the satisfying sizzle you hear as they grill, to the appetizing smell of barbecue wafting throughout the kitchen that had my eldest #ExhibitA blurt out “Ang bango, Ma!“, to the beautiful spread these make on my dining table, and to the my fam’s joy as we bite into the tender sweet-savory pork barbecue, isaw manok and isaw baboy, my fam’s Mang Ding’s Pinoy BBQ dinner is a feast for the senses.
So have one yourself. Treat your #TeamBahay to a lovely street food meal, right at home.
These ready-to-grill frozen packs are priced at:
- Pork Barbecue: Php400/20 sticks
- Isaw Manok: Php360/20 sticks
- Isaw Baboy: Php450/20 sticks
- Chicken Tail: Php550/20 pcs
- Chicken Barbecue: Php390/3 pcs quarter leg (1 kilo)
- Chicharon Bulaklak: Php280 (500 grams)
- Liempo: Php270 (500 grams)
- Rib Eye Steak: Php500/2 pcs (380 to 400 grams)
Mang Ding’s Pinoy BBQ branches are located at:
- Shoe Avenue, Barangay Elena, Marikina City (store hours: daily from 11am to 6pm | Tel: +63 906 3977559)
- Block 3, Lot 13 C Buenviaje Street, Barangay Santo Nino, Marikina City (store hours: daily from 11am to 6pm | Tel: +63 916 2853031)
Mang Ding’s Pinoy BBQ is open for dine-in, takeout, pickup and delivery via GrabFood. Safe cashless payments via BPI, BDO and GCash are also available.
Note: If you’re getting a frozen pack, place your order a day before. Mang Ding’s vacuum-packs on demand to ensure freshness.
Disclosure: Product samples were provided to facilitate an honest review.
Check out my reviews of other Filipino restaurants:
- Belly Good Boneless Lechon, Maybunga
- Aling Banang’s, Santa Lucia
- Friends & Family Express, The Podium
- Mang Inasal, Libis
- Max’s, Tomas Morato
- Pares Retiro, Tomas Morato
- 121 Restaurant, BGC Stopover
- 121 Restaurant, Allegro Center
- Manam Comfort Filipino, Trinoma
- Tahanan Bistro, Antipolo
- Liloan’s Pride, California Garden Square
- Bench Cafe, Trinoma
- Kusina Moderne, Poblacion
- Bai’s Boneless Lechon Cebu, Pasig
- Liloan’s Pride Liempo, Greenhills
- Abbiocco, Paligsahan
- Chef Robert, Greenhills
- The Lechon Shop, Tomas Morato
- Angus Tapa Centrale, Tomas Morato
- Gerry’s Grill, Tomas Morato
- Luna J Filipino Gastropub, Tomas Morato
- Gerry’s Grill, SM Marikina
- Bacolod Chicken Parilla, Tomas Morato
- Classic Savory, SM East Ortigas
- Jaytee’s Tagaytay
- Buddy’s, Cubao
- Cabalen, Ayala Malls Feliz
- Limbaga 77, Tomas Morato
- Victorino’s, Tomas Morato
- Locavore, Kapitolyo
- Recipes, Tomas Morato
- Mozu at Ming’s, Tagaytay
- Siglo Modern Filipino, Tagaytay
- Conti’s, Greenbelt
- 13 Ubay Street, Banawe
- Ilustrado Restaurant, Intramuros
- Rico’s Lechon, Tiendesitas
- Fika, Capitol Hills, QC
- Sartin, Tagaytay
- Lazat, Tomas Morato
- Romulo Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Lobo Filipino Tavern, Poblacion
- Joliant, Tomas Morato
- Ombu Kusina, Tomas Morato
- Padi’s Point, Sumulong
- Padi’s Point, Upper Antipolo
- Padi’s Point, Tomas Morato
- Padi’s Point, Metro East
- Sisig Society, Fisher Mall
- Tapsi ni Vivian, Pasig
- Lola Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Pamana, Tomas Morato