“Sunsets are proof that, no matter what happens, everyday can end beautifully.”
– Kristen Butler
The original Padi’s Point along Sumulong Highway in Antipolo is known for its magnificent sunset views. It has long been considered a landmark in the area, with families, barkadas or even couples, making the trek up from all over the city to this restaurant to enjoy the chill ambiance, the homegrown food served here and, of course, the amazing scenery.
Recently, my friends from #WeLoveToEatPH visited this restaurant to sate our hunger after a rousing game at Lazer Maxx. After shedding our battle mode, we were in the mood to chill and eat our fill.
So how did we chill?
We amused ourselves by taking in the amazing view. Lit by bright sunlight, the greens and colors from nearby vegetation were made more intense against the wide vista of the metro. Lit by a softer light at the golden hour, however, the same view became gorgeous silhouettes of trees against a gorgeous sunset.
And with what did we eat our fill?
Well, Padi’s Point offers a wide array of homegrown dishes that are best enjoyed family style. These include appetizers like Cheesy Cheese Sticks (Php190) and Nacho Grande (Php399), merienda staples such as Pancit Canton (Php160) and Mexican Pizza (Php310), and classic main dishes such as Padi’s Original Sisig (Php299) , Sinigang na Baboy (Php270) and Crispy Pata (Php699).
And since we’re a big group with jumbo-sized appetites after our adventures earlier in the day, you better believe we went for jumbo-sized bundle meals such as the Barkada Supreme (Php850) – classic finger-foods such as onion rings, cheese sticks, french fries, chicken nuggets and mushroom poppers – and the Barrio Feast (Php1,150) – fried and grilled dishes that include tilapia, chicken, pork, bangus, liempo and squid.
Also taking center stage are the Tropical Threesome: Boracay Chill, Palawan Chill and Miami Chill, cocktail drinks at Php150 each that combine icy fruitiness with a slight kick of alcohol. As their names imply, these drinks are great for chilling and relaxing.
Want to have a chill sesh with the fam or your buddies? Do chase the sunset at Padi’s Point and feast on great Pinoy food. It will surely be worth the trip.
This Padi’s Point branch is located at Alpha D Compound, Sumulong Highway, Santa Cruz, Lower Antipolo, Rizal, open daily for 24 hours. For inquiries and reservations, call +63 2 3443028.
Other branches are located at:
- Ground Floor, Century Imperial Suites, South Triangle, Quezon City
- Second Floor, SKY Garden, SM City North EDSA, Bago Bantay, Quezon City
- Ground Floor, Coliseum Center, Araneta Center, Cubao, Quezon City
- Third Floor, Femar Arcade Philcoa, 34 Masaya Street, Diliman, Quezon City
- 375 Quirino Highway corner Tandang Sora Avenue, Sangandaan, Quezon City
- Robinsons Nova Market, Quirono Highway, Novaliches, Quezon City
- Exterior Second Floor, Star Mall EDSA-Shaw Boulevard, Highway Hills, Mandaluyong
- Gil Puyat Avenue, Libertad, Pasay City
- Second Floor, Empire Center EDSA Mall, Epifanio delos Santos Avenue, Libertad, Pasay
- 463 Remedios Street, Malate, Manila
- A.H. Lacson Avenue across SM San Lazaro, Santa Cruz, Manila
- Second Floor, The Grandz Commercial Center, MacArthur Highway, South Caloocan, Caloocan City
- The Grills, Yellow Building Filinvest, South Station, Filinvest City, Muntinlupa
- Alabang-Zapote Road, Pamplona, Las Pinas
Disclosure: Together with other foodies, I was invited to join a foodie meetup held at this restaurant. Food items mentioned here were served to allow us to sample the fare and were not paid for by the attendees, including myself.
Check out my reviews of other Filipino restaurants:
- The Lechon Shop, Tomas Morato
- Angus Tapa Centrale, Tomas Morato
- Gerry’s Grill, Tomas Morato
- Luna J Filipino Gastropub, Tomas Morato
- Gerry’s Grill, SM Marikina
- Bacolod Chicken Parilla, Tomas Morato
- Classic Savory, SM East Ortigas
- Jaytee’s Tagaytay
- Buddy’s, Cubao
- Cabalen, Ayala Malls Feliz
- Limbaga 77, Tomas Morato
- Victorino’s, Tomas Morato
- Locavore, Kapitolyo
- Recipes, Tomas Morato
- Mozu at Ming’s, Tagaytay
- Siglo Modern Filipino, Tagaytay
- Conti’s, Greenbelt
- 13 Ubay Street, Banawe
- Ilustrado Restaurant, Intramuros
- Rico’s Lechon, Tiendesitas
- Fika, Capitol Hills, QC
- Sartin, Tagaytay
- Lazat, Tomas Morato
- Romulo Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Lobo Filipino Tavern, Poblacion
- Joliant, Tomas Morato
- Ombu Kusina, Tomas Morato
3 thoughts on “Enjoy a sunset feast at Padi’s Point, Antipolo”