I heard someone say that Cafe Mary Grace is the go-to place of “titas.”
Well, based on a brunch experience I had here (prior to a bowling game with my officemates!), I would have to agree.
As a newly-minted #TitaOfManila (or having just accepted that yes, I am already a tita), I would say that Cafe Mary Grace’s Eastwood Mall branch does qualify for top three criteria of a tita brunch place, which include:
One: Comfortable and IG-worthy surroundings
Cafe Mary Grace grew out of the baking business of the cafe’s namesake, which started from joining Christmas bazaars to establishing mall-based kiosks to finally setting up full-service cafes.
This Mary Grace Cafe branch in Eastwood Mall has the homey and welcoming atmosphere that exemplifies Mary Grace’s essence: the Goodness of Home.
It premises look like an extension of a sprawling and idealized country-style kitchen where wooden chairs and tables provide ample and comfortable seating, personal bric-a-bracs are artfully arranged on shelves and personalized notes are inserted on tabletops.
Furthermore, an IG-conscious tita like me can take her pick among the various photogenic backdrops for her #CoffeeIsLife or #EatingForTheGram post of the day.
Two: Tasty well-loved dishes
You can’t go wrong with the classics and Cafe Mary Grace has classics a-plenty.
Take the Toasted Vigan Longganisa (Php442), for example. Rising and shining won’t be a problem with this all-day breakfast item which consist of links of garlicky Vigan longganisa, two sunny-side up eggs and garlic fried rice, with homemade pickled mangoes, tomato-wansoy salsa and vinegar available upon request.
In the Spanish Sardines and Olives Pasta (Php378), on the other hand, an aglio e olio infusion is enriched with Spanish-style sardines and topped with olives and tomatoes.
Titas often crave for something sweet after (or before, or during or within 24 hours of) a meal. Fortunately, Mary Grace’s all-time favorite Lemon Bar (Php58/bar) sates the sweet tooth with its moist, buttery texture and slightly tangy sweetness.
Lastly, the Mary Grace Hot Chocolate (Php184), made with premium Belgian chocolate, is a rich and comforting end to the meal.
Three: Prompt and friendly service.
Words to the wise restaurateurs: don’t keep a tita waiting. Show some good ole’ fashioned friendliness, a willingness to help and some initiative, you might have just won a loyal customer who wouldn’t hesitate to nominate your place for the next #TitaConvention with her friends.
Cafe Mary Grace seems to keep this adage to heart with its crew of well-trained and accommodating staff who are quick to assist with inquiries and requests.
So fellow titas, the next brunch time is at Cafe Mary Grace, yes?
This Cafe Mary Grace branch is located at Ground Floor, Eastwood Mall, Libis, Quezon City, open Mondays to Saturdays from 11am to 11pm and Sundays from 10am to 11am.
Other branches are located at:
- Pasig: SM City East Ortigas, Rockwell Business Center, Ayala Malls Feliz, Estancia Mall
- Quezon City: Robinsons Galleria, Gateway Mall, UP Town Center, Trinoma Mall, SM City North EDSA, SM City Fairview, Ayala Fairview Terraces
- Marikina: SM City Marikina
- Mandaluyong: Shangri-la Plaza
- San Juan: Unimart Greenhills
- Taguig: Uptown Place Mall, Serendra, St. Luke’s Medical Center, One Bonifacio High Street, Venice Grand Canal Mall
- Makati: Powerplant Mall, Steps Dance Studio, Century City Mall, The Enterprise Center, Greenbelt 2
- Manila: SM City Manila, SM City San Lazaro, Lucky Chinatown Mall
- Pasay: Mall of Asia Arena Annex, SM Mall of Asia
- Paranaque: SM City BF
- Las Pinas: SM Southmall
- Muntinlupa: Alabang Town Center, Festival Mall
Check out my blog posts on breakfast joints around the metro:
- The Fat Seed Cafe + Roastery, UP Town Center
- Chef Jessie, Rockwell Club
- ALTA by Relik, San Juan
- Santiago’s Cafe, Mandaluyong
- Over Easy, Marikina
- Hustle Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Sammy’s, Cainta
- Artesa Deli + Coffee, Kapitolyo
- Burrow Cafe, Antipolo
- Pookaberry Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Cafe Tribu, Victoria de Morato
- Cafe Tribu, Kamuning
- Cafe Tribu, Gloria Diaz
- Bluesmith Coffee & Kitchen, Greenbelt
- Little Owl Cafe, New Manila
- Starbucks, Tomas Morato
- Starbucks, SM East Ortigas
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Tomas Morato
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Venice Piazza
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, SM East Ortigas
- White Camp Coffee, Tomas Morato
- UCC Park Cafe, Glorietta