Don’t you sometimes crave for good ole’ comfort food? The kind that you used to anticipate all week for your mom to serve for Sunday lunch?
Well, that’s what you can expect at Katherine’s Cafe.
Over our lunchbreak, my officemates and I hied over to Ayala Malls Vertis North and discovered this cozy cafe where we could have a quiet lunch to catch up over a good meal, which included:
Corned Beef Hash (Php345). Traditional corned beef, country-fried potatoes, egg and garlic fried rice.
Chicken and Pork Adobo (Php288). A traditional chicken and pork adobo recipe served with soft-boiled egg garlic fried rice.
Stuffed Pork Chop (Php368). Juicy grilled pork chop stuffed with bacon, spinach and white cheese, served with buttered vegetables and herbed rice.
Chicken Paillard (Php298). Fillet of chicken that has been pounded thin and grilled, served with brown rice, tomato and pepper salad and balsamic glaze.
Pasta Puttanesca (Php298). Fettucine tossed with tomato, olives, capers, anchovy and garlic chips.
We also took advantage of a Facebook promo to get a free slice of Chocolate Cake to complete our meal.
We dined on such tasty, belly-filling and heart-warming dishes, well-attended to by the friendly and accommodating staff.
Unfortunately, we weren’t able to repeat this homey lunch experience as Katherine’s Cafe had to pause its operations due to mall closures brought about by the community quarantine.
Recently, though, this branch re-opened for takeout, pickup and delivery.
Want to enjoy these comforting dishes at home? Just call in your order at +63 2 79466133, send a message via Facebook, or course your order Grab, Lalamove, Joyride or Angkas Pabili services.
This Katherine’s Cafe branch is located at Level 1, Ayala Malls Vertis North, Bagong Pag-Asa, Quezon City. Other branches are located at:
- Second Floor, Glorietta 3, Ayala Center, Glorietta Complex, Makati City
- Ground Floor, Ayala Malls Manila Bay, Entertainment City, Parañaque City
- Second Floor, Phase 2, UP Town Center, Katipunan Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City
- Second Floor, Alabang Town Center, Alabang, Muntinlupa City
Check out my blog posts on breakfast/brunch joints around the metro:
- Sourdough Cafe + Deli, Tomas Morato
- Prologue Neighborhood Kitchen, Tomas Morato
- Press by Fully Booked, Powerplant Mall
- Cafe Shibuya, Trinoma
- Cafe Shibuya, Glorietta
- The Fat Seed Cafe + Roastery, UP Town Center
- Chef Jessie, Rockwell Club
- ALTA by Relik, San Juan
- Santiago’s Cafe, Mandaluyong
- Over Easy, Marikina
- Hustle Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Sammy’s, Cainta
- Artesa Deli + Coffee, Kapitolyo
- Burrow Cafe, Antipolo
- Pookaberry Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Cafe Tribu, Victoria de Morato
- Cafe Tribu, Kamuning
- Cafe Tribu, Gloria Diaz
- Bluesmith Coffee & Kitchen, Greenbelt
- Little Owl Cafe, New Manila
- Starbucks, Tomas Morato
- Starbucks, SM East Ortigas
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Tomas Morato
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Venice Piazza
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, SM East Ortigas
- White Camp Coffee, Tomas Morato