I used to look forward to Sundays because that used to be the day when the fam and I will go out for lunch.
Sunday was the day when I don’t need to worry about what to prepare for my hungry, yet discriminating hubby and kids because we will let our resto choice for the day take care of all that for us.
Well, as we all know, dining out has been curtailed due to the community quarantine (and rightly so, considering the steadily rising number of COVID-19 cases). While I’m thankful for the relative safety of home, I do sometimes seek a break from the toil of preparing food for the fam.
Thankfully, Mang Ding’s Pinoy BBQ, Marikina’s destination for street food that’s Malinis, Masarap at Mura, has innovated its product line to include frozen packs of its signature ihaw dishes that #TeamBahay momshies like me can cook at home.
These packs are vacuum-sealed for freshness, with meats already seasoned and marinated according to Mang Ding’s signature recipe, ready for grilling.
Take the Liempo (Php270/500 grams), for instance. I just thawed out the pack, brushed my grill pan and the hefty pork belly slices with cooking oil.
Then, I grilled the pieces (just using my stove, mind you!), until they get to that beautiful golden brown color.
I cut the liempo up into bite-size pieces before serving with the dipping sauce (included in the pack) and hot rice for a lovely Sunday family meal.
Each piece is flavorful and tender, and the pork rind has that satisfying crunch!
Step-by-step instructions are in this video, but really, preparing this is a piece of cake!
I also got a frozen pack of Chicharong Bulaklak (Php280/500g). Since the pieces were already well seasoned, I just thawing out the pack, deep fried the pieces for five minutes until crunchy, then drained off the excess oil before serving.
This is quite a special treat for the fam as chicharon bulaklak is quite hard to come by.
Cooking up a special family meal gets so easy with Mang Ding’s frozen packs. (Check out my home barbecue and isaw experience, also with Mang Ding’s frozen packs).
What will make a Sunday meal even more specials is dessert. Well then, check out Mang Ding’s Belgian Chocolate Cake (Php680)! Moist chocolate cake topped with a decadently rich chocolate icing that will satisfy any choco-holic’s craving.
So #TeamBahay momshies, don’t sweat over your fam’s Sunday meal. Just order a frozen pack and dessert from Mang Ding’s!
Mang Ding’s Pinoy BBQ branches are located at:
- Block 3, Lot 13 C Buenviaje Street, Barangay Santo Nino, Marikina City (store hours: daily from 11am to 6pm | Tel: +63 916 2853031)
- Shoe Avenue, Barangay Elena, Marikina City (store hours: daily from 11am to 6pm | Tel: +63 906 3977559)
Mang Ding’s Pinoy BBQ is open for dine-in, takeout, pickup and delivery via GrabFood. Safe cashless payments via BPI, BDO and GCash are also available.
Note: If you’re getting a frozen pack, place your order a day before. Mang Ding’s vacuum-packs on demand to ensure freshness.
Disclosure: Product samples were provided to facilitate an honest review.
Check out my reviews of other Filipino restaurants:
- Belly Good Boneless Lechon, Maybunga
- Aling Banang’s, Santa Lucia
- Friends & Family Express, The Podium
- Mang Inasal, Libis
- Max’s, Tomas Morato
- Pares Retiro, Tomas Morato
- 121 Restaurant, BGC Stopover
- 121 Restaurant, Allegro Center
- Manam Comfort Filipino, Trinoma
- Tahanan Bistro, Antipolo
- Liloan’s Pride, California Garden Square
- Bench Cafe, Trinoma
- Kusina Moderne, Poblacion
- Bai’s Boneless Lechon Cebu, Pasig
- Liloan’s Pride Liempo, Greenhills
- Abbiocco, Paligsahan
- Chef Robert, Greenhills
- The Lechon Shop, Tomas Morato
- Angus Tapa Centrale, Tomas Morato
- Gerry’s Grill, Tomas Morato
- Luna J Filipino Gastropub, Tomas Morato
- Gerry’s Grill, SM Marikina
- Bacolod Chicken Parilla, Tomas Morato
- Classic Savory, SM East Ortigas
- Jaytee’s Tagaytay
- Buddy’s, Cubao
- Cabalen, Ayala Malls Feliz
- Limbaga 77, Tomas Morato
- Victorino’s, Tomas Morato
- Locavore, Kapitolyo
- Recipes, Tomas Morato
- Mozu at Ming’s, Tagaytay
- Siglo Modern Filipino, Tagaytay
- Conti’s, Greenbelt
- 13 Ubay Street, Banawe
- Ilustrado Restaurant, Intramuros
- Rico’s Lechon, Tiendesitas
- Fika, Capitol Hills, QC
- Sartin, Tagaytay
- Lazat, Tomas Morato
- Romulo Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Lobo Filipino Tavern, Poblacion
- Joliant, Tomas Morato
- Ombu Kusina, Tomas Morato
- Padi’s Point, Sumulong
- Padi’s Point, Upper Antipolo
- Padi’s Point, Tomas Morato
- Padi’s Point, Metro East
- Sisig Society, Fisher Mall
- Tapsi ni Vivian, Pasig
- Lola Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Pamana, Tomas Morato