Lately, we’ve been craving for comfort food, right?
Now more than ever, we’re looking for that feeling of well-being and fullness that comfort food brings.
An example of Pinoy comfort food that I was happy to rediscover is beef pares. This dish is braised beef stewed in a savory-sweet sauce and served with garlic fried rice, making￼ winning combo indeed!
For me, the benchmark for beef pares is the one I tasted prior to the quarantine, when my officemate and I had our lunch delivered from the Pares Retiro near our office. I guess that’s why this resto chain was dubbed the best pares in town. I get cravings for it sometimes since then.
However, I’ve been stuck at home for the past few months and the nearest Pare Retiro is too far for delivery.
That is, until GrabFood made Pares Retiro in P. Tuazon available for long-distance delivery. Yey!
I found out about it when Hubby gave in to his late-night cravings and had some beef pares and bone marrow delivered for us to devour in between episodes of the K-drama we’re bingeing on.
(Spoiler Alert: they were gone in mere minutes that I haven’t been able to take decent pictures!)
That late-night taste intensified my craving for the dish again so I decided to order from Pares Retiro via GrabFood for our dinner.
Tonight, the kiddos and I feasted on:
Classic Pares Meal (Php208). That winning tamdem of beed pares and garlic fried rice. The slow-braised meat is fork-tender and the sauce has the right dynamic between sweet and savory that goes so well with the garlic fried rice.
Pares Tendon Meal (Php214). The classic pares dish made even more irresistible with the addition of melt-in-your-mouth pieces of imported US beef tendon that adds flavor and texture to the dish.
Bone Marrow (Php189). Roasted bone marrow flavored with herbs and spices. Add a bit of bone marrow to each bite of pares and rice and you’ll see why the fam and I got obsessed with it. I only wish there was more of it.
These dishes are not high-brow nor elaborate. Instead, they are simple dishes that give us comfort especially during these trying times.
This Pares Retiro branch is located at P. Tuazon Corner 17th Avenue, Cubao, Quezon City. It delivers via GrabFood, LalaFood, FoodPanda and Pares Retiro’s website.
Check out my reviews of other Filipino restaurants:
- Mang Ding’s, Marikina
- Belly Good Boneless Lechon, Maybunga
- Aling Banang’s, Santa Lucia
- Friends & Family Express, The Podium
- Mang Inasal, Libis
- Max’s, Tomas Morato
- Pares Retiro, Tomas Morato
- 121 Restaurant, BGC Stopover
- 121 Restaurant, Allegro Center
- Manam Comfort Filipino, Trinoma
- Tahanan Bistro, Antipolo
- Liloan’s Pride, California Garden Square
- Bench Cafe, Trinoma
- Kusina Moderne, Poblacion
- Bai’s Boneless Lechon Cebu, Pasig
- Liloan’s Pride Liempo, Greenhills
- Abbiocco, Paligsahan
- Chef Robert, Greenhills
- The Lechon Shop, Tomas Morato
- Angus Tapa Centrale, Tomas Morato
- Gerry’s Grill, Tomas Morato
- Luna J Filipino Gastropub, Tomas Morato
- Gerry’s Grill, SM Marikina
- Bacolod Chicken Parilla, Tomas Morato
- Classic Savory, SM East Ortigas
- Jaytee’s Tagaytay
- Buddy’s, Cubao
- Cabalen, Ayala Malls Feliz
- Limbaga 77, Tomas Morato
- Victorino’s, Tomas Morato
- Locavore, Kapitolyo
- Recipes, Tomas Morato
- Mozu at Ming’s, Tagaytay
- Siglo Modern Filipino, Tagaytay
- Conti’s, Greenbelt
- 13 Ubay Street, Banawe
- Ilustrado Restaurant, Intramuros
- Rico’s Lechon, Tiendesitas
- Fika, Capitol Hills, QC
- Sartin, Tagaytay
- Lazat, Tomas Morato
- Romulo Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Lobo Filipino Tavern, Poblacion
- Joliant, Tomas Morato
- Ombu Kusina, Tomas Morato
- Padi’s Point, Sumulong
- Padi’s Point, Upper Antipolo
- Padi’s Point, Tomas Morato
- Padi’s Point, Metro East
- Sisig Society, Fisher Mall
- Tapsi ni Vivian, Pasig
- Lola Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Pamana, Tomas Morato
One thought on “Comfort food delivery from Pares Retiro, P. Tuazon”
yummy Breakfast this ate Gel, Pares so delicious sobrang sarap nian, at sobrang namis ko nrin 🥺😋😋🤤🤤🤤🤤