If you’re a true-blue carnivore like me, a big hunk of steak would be one of your ultimate gustatory pleasures.
Just imagine: a sizeable well portioned slice of beef, rightly seasoned and then seared over on a hot grill over charcoal or a cast-iron pan to the perfect juicy and tender doneness (and no, it won’t be well-done).
What’s not to love?
From the contrast of its seared surface to the reddish tender flesh underneath, its wonderful aroma wafting to your nostrils, to its strong flavor and rich, juicy mouthfeel, a perfectly cooked steak is a multi-sensory experience.
For me, the go-to place for this kind of epicurean delight is Meat Depot in Greenhills.
With the pandemic still a consideration, Meat Plus implemented health and safety measures for strict compliance inside its stores to keep its customers and staff safe. These include:
- Wearing of face masks inside the premises and conduct of respiratory etiquette (covering of nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing)
- Temperature check and footbath upon entry
- Frequent washing and sanitizing of hands
- Maintaining 6-foot distance from other people
All store personnel are also required to face masks and disposable gloves, while the stores and their equipment are cleaned and sanitized on an hourly basis.
Being both a butcher shop that carries a wide variety of meats, poultry, seafood, and of course, steaks, as well as a steakhouse, Meat Depot allows you to select your preferred meats from among the choicest cuts to bring home or turn over to the store’s expert grillers who can cook them up for you to enjoy in a jiffy. You can also select which sauces and sides will go with your cooked meats.
Such was the case when Hubby and I dropped by after a running a few errands to give in to our steak cravings.
Rib Eye (Php870 + Php150 cooking charge)
We know that we can count on Meat Depot to bring out all the possibilities in flavor, juiciness and tenderness of our chosen steaks.
Lamb Chop (490.42 + Php150 cooking charge)
Similarly, Meat Depot did not disappoint with our Grilled Lamb Chops, which are tender and full-flavored with every bite.
Well, the true-blue carnivore in me surely got her wish!
With some family celebrations coming up, we took advantage of the opportunity to stock up on some Rib-Eye (Php2,670/kg) that we can grill at home.
Hubby masterfully pan-grilled these steaks for our family celebration. This way, we were able to indulge our carnivorous cravings at home!
So if you’re craving for a delicious piece of steak or specialty meat that you can enjoy when you dine out or you can cook at home, check out Meat Depot.
Meat Depot branches are located at:
- 2/F Ayala Malls Vertis North, North Avenue, Quezon City
- 815 Banawe Street, Brgy. St. Peter, Quezon City
- 283 Aguirre Avenue, BF Homes, Parañaque City
- G/F Paseo de Magallanes, Magallanes, Makati City
- 2/F O Square 2, Greenhills Shopping Center, San Juan City
- Corner Market, 2/F The Podium, Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong City
- 3/F Robinsons Galleria, EDSA, Quezon City
- G/F U.P. Town Center, Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City