Are you a certified carnivore like me?
Then, I’m sure you’re always on the lookout for juicy, flavorful and succulent morsels that you can sink your teeth into.
And where to find meats galore that you’re craving for?
Meat Depot, of course!
Meat Depot is both a butcher shop that carries a wide variety of meats, poultry and seafood, and a steakhouse. It is a place for meat enthusiasts to indulge their love for meat and meat products.
Whether locally raised or internationally sourced, its meat products are professionally handled from farm to plate as Meat Depot takes utmost care to comply with industry-certified procedures and employ industrial-grade facilities for meat handling, storage and cutting.
Socially conscious buyers can rest easy knowing that Meat Depot also champions conscientious butchery and helps to raise awareness for ethical slaughtering processes and food safety.
Over the years, the fam (and our extended family) have developed a liking for Meat Depot due to the quality of its meat products and the masterful grilling of its steaks.
After taking a break from dining in at our favorite steak place for over two years due to the pandemic, the fam was able to try out another one of Meat Depot’s branches, this time at UP Town Center in Quezon City.
Its chillers house various steak options to suit the tastes of all kinds of steak lovers, from the most basic to the most discerning:
- Black Mountain: Ribeye, Striploin, Tenderloin, T-bone, Porterhouse, Tomahawk
- Star: Ribeye
- Clear River: Ribeye, Striploin
- Lamb: Lamb Chop and Lamb Steak
- Local: Ribeye, Striploin, Tenderloin, T-bone, Porterhouse
After selecting our steaks, the steakhouse’s expert griller set about grilling them to come out all juicy and flavorful and marked by those gorgeous grill marks, of course!
Newbie steak fans can take some pointers from Meat Depot’s cooking guide on various stages of doneness:
- Blue: grilled for 30 seconds on each side.
- Rare: grilled for 45 seconds to 1 minute on each side, resulting to a steak that’s seared on the outside while the inside is mostly red. This meat is soft and tender.
- Medium Rare: grilled for 1 minute to 1 minute and 15 seconds on each side, resulting to a steak that’s seared on the outside while the inside is half-red. This is the recommended doneness of most chefs as it has the perfect texture.
- Medium: grilled for 1 minute and 30 seconds to 2 minutes on each side, resulting to a steak with a rosy pink interior and slightly firmer texture. This is the preferred doneness of most steak lovers, my fam included.
- Medium Well: grilled for 3 to 5 minutes on each side resulting to a steak with a mostly brown center and firm texture. This level of doneness is well-suited to people who may be squeamish and prefer not to see color in their meat.
- Well Done: grilled for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, resulting to a steak a brown center with a very firm texture. Surprisingly, a lot of people prefer their steaks this way.
To make our steak meal complete, we opted to pair our steaks with mushroom sauce and side dishes that include steamed rice, mashed potatoes and marbled potatoes in balsamic dressing.
Wouldn’t you love to also MEAT up with your family and friends for a flavorful and filling steak meal at Meat Depot?
Then hie yourselves over to any of these Meat Depot branches located at:
- 2/F Ayala Malls Vertis North, North Avenue, Quezon City
- 815 Banawe Street, Brgy. St. Peter, Quezon City
- 283 Aguirre Avenue, BF Homes, Parañaque City
- G/F Paseo de Magallanes, Magallanes, Makati City
- 2/F O Square 2, Greenhills Shopping Center, San Juan City
- Corner Market, 2/F The Podium, Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong City
- 3/F Robinsons Galleria, EDSA, Quezon City
- G/F U.P. Town Center, Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City
You can also shop for your steaks and other meat products online through Meat Depot’s website and enjoy free shipping for orders exceeding Php2,500.
Check out my previous posts about Meat Depot: