Hooray, hooray for World Ice Cream Day!
On July 18, ice cream lovers around the world will celebrate our favorite frozen dessert.
This is especially timely here in the metro because as summer gives way to the rainy season, the heat and humidity can be quite oppressive and a few dollops of cold and creamy ice cream can do so much to improve our mood.
If you’re on the lookout for fun and fresh ice cream flavors to try, how about the product of the collaboration between dessert shop The Lost Bread and local ice cream producer Arce Dairy: the Trio Pack?
At Php950, it is comprised of pints of three ice cream flavors that should spark some happy memories for us 90s kids.
Check them out:
Blue Vanilla. The rich and comforting vanilla flavor we love that comes in a fun shade of blue. A treat for ice cream lovers who love a fresh twist on a classic fave.
Choc Nut. The nutty candy that we seemed to carry around all the time way back when is now in ice cream form. It’s definitely a flavor we will enjoy revisiting again and again.
Haw Haw Milk. We 90s kids love milk and it was evident in our love for Haw Haw Milk Candy. With its ice cream iteration, we have a new way to enjoy this milky treat!
These flavors are also available in individual tubs or pints.
Did you know that The Lost Bread has been awarded by Big 7 Travel as the 3rd BEST ice cream brand in Asia and the 13th BEST ice cream brand in the world? So if you’re craving for affordable craft ice cream visit a store or grab your phone to order now!
You can order these treats from The Lost Bread’s website for delivery or have them picked up from these Metro Manila branches:
- Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City
- Maginhawa Street, Quezon City
- Green Meadows Subdivision, Quezon City
- Regalado Highway, Fairview, Quezon City
- SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City
- Marcos Highway, Antipolo City
- Robinsons Place Manila
- SM Bicutan, Paranaque City
- Evia Lifestyle Center, Las Pinas
There are flavors that you encountered in your childhood that would always bring good memories. These flavors remind you of simpler and carefree days spent with family and friends.
The Lost Bread, the ice cream store that introduced me to the decidedly grown up pleasures of spiked milkshakes, went the the completely opposite route by bringing me back to me childhood with two of its limited-time collaborations:
With Nestle: the Chuckie Soft Serve (Php95 in cone or cup). Remember that chocolatey buddy that powered up recess time? Imagine it as a rich and chocolatey soft-serve ice cream with an extra shot of chocolate goodness!
With Pepsi Cola: the Root Beer Float Soft-Serve (Php95 in cone or cup). Instead of the a dollop of vanilla ice cream floating on a mug of ice-cold root beer, what you get is root beer infused soft-serve ice cream, also with an extra shot of chocolate syrup.
These imaginative takes on childhood faves simply show the infinite possibilities that the Lost Bread can bring to ice cream lovers.
The last time I was able to enjoy some ice cream time at The Lost Bread was in that halcyon period before the quarantine. While some of its outlets have ceased operations have ceased operations since then, its branches in SM Megamall, Evia Lifestyle Center, Robinsons Manila, SM Marilao, Vista Mall Malolos and SM Dasmarinas are still open.
It also delivers its ice cream by the pint via its delivery website – order.thelostbread.com.
Check out my reviews of other dessert shops in the metro:
- Dairy Queen, Santa Lucia East
- Goldilocks, San Isidro
- Lia’s Cakes in Season, Kapitolyo
- Brownies Unlimited, SM Megamall
- Cafe Mary Grace, SM East Ortigas
- Cafe Mary Grace, Eastwood Mall
- Cafe Mary Grace, Greenbelt
- Krispy Kreme, SM Megamall
- Krispy Kreme, San Isidro
- Krispy Kreme, SM Center Pasig
- Bake My Day, Libis
- Avocadoria.PH, Greenhills
- Avocadoria.PH, Estancia Mall
- Avocadoria.PH, Robinsons Galleria
- Dairy Queen, Greenfield District
- Tim Horton’s, L&Y Plaza
- J.CO Donuts, SM Megamall
- Shari Shari, BGC
- Avocadoria.ph, Ayala Malls Vertis North
- Cara Mia, Robinsons Galleria
- Fiorgelato, Sta Lucia East
- Morelli’s, Shangri-la Plaza
- Morelli’s, Powerplant Mall
- Tsoko.Nut Batirol, Tomas Morato
- Miguelito’s Hyped Mangoes, Tomas Morato
- Hui Lau Shan, Eastwood Mall
- Loraine’s Coffee and Pastry Shop, Santa Lucia
- Hui Lau Shan, SM North EDSA
- Coffee Time, Santolan
- Taki Taki, Century City Mall
- Aqua S, SM North EDSA
- BLK 513, SM North EDSA
- Hui Lau Shan, Greenhills
- Affojeans, SM North
- Gelato Lab, Tomas Morato
- Hobing, BGC Stopover
- The Lost Bread, SM East Ortigas
- LlaoLlao, Glorietta
- Sugarhouse, Glorietta
- BLK 513, SM Megamall
- BLK 513, Glorietta
- Elait, Tomas Morato
- Elait, Eastwood Mall
- Cold Stone Creamery, BGC
- Chocolatier, Tomas Morato
- Jang Da Bang Cafe, Ortigas
- Auntie Anne’s, SM Hypermart
- Sugar Fix, Tomas Morato
- Coreon Gate, Metrowalk
- Indulge, Cubao
- Le Reve Patisserie, Ugong
- Hui Lau Shan, SM Megamall
- Hobing, SM Marikina