Hubby wanted to celebrate his birthday with me and his office buddies and so looked for a special place where we can all spend time together over good food.
Having eaten several times before at Locavore’s branch in Kapitolyo, we set upon the resto’s branch in Burgos Circle, BGC as the venue for his celebration.
Locavore is known for applying unique twists to classic Filipino dishes, influenced no doubt by Chef Mikel Zaguirre’s background in French cooking and his preference for fresh ingredients from around the country.
This branch has more of a “pub” kind of feel to it: dim lights, chill sounds and the smell of sizzling food wafting to your nose.
Hubby’s birthday feast consisted of several orders of the resto’s best sellers:
Boneless Lechon Belly (Php650). Prepared Cebu-lechon style, it is served with Pinakurat vinegar, bagoong dipping sauce, and pickled red onion and cucumber.
Mac’s Boneless Fried Chicken (Php270). The resto’s own recipe of the glazed boneless fried chicken.
Gising Gising (Php275). The traditional Pampanga dish made of finely chopped sigarilyas (winged beans), French beans, garlic and shallot confit, gata (coconut milk) and spring onions.
Sizzling Sinigang (Php550). Usually the highlight of our meals at Locavore, this is made of beef short ribs, served with sauteed French beans in a sampaloc (tamarind) gravy with garlic confit. This time, however, it was initially served quite cold and, after several bites, I had to request for it to be reheated so that the full potential of the dish can be tasted.
These viands were accompanied by Locavore’s Roasted Garlic Organic White Rice (Php70).
Plus, since both Hubby and I unlocked our Zomato Gold Privilege, we got several free glasses of refreshing ice-blended mocktails for the ladies in the group: the Cucumber Lime Cooler (Php150) and the Apple Lime Cooler (Php150).
I usually fully enjoy my meals at Locavore, but in this branch, some executions have gone awry such as serving the sinigang as anything less than sizzling hot.
Still, Hubby’s birthday celebration was an enjoyable time spent among his friends.
Want to score a similar discount on drinks? Zomato Gold provides members with 1+1 deals on food or 2+2 deals on drinks. All you have to do is sign up for a Zomato Gold membership here. Use my code JELLYB to get 20% off the membership fee
This Locavore branch is located at Forbes Town Center, Burgos Circle, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, open daily from 10am to 2am. For reservations and inquiries, call +63 917 5742017.
Other branches are located at:
- Brixton Technology Center, 10 Brixton Street, Kapitolyo, Pasig City, open Mondays to Saturdays from 11.30am to 1am and Sundays from 11am to 1am.
- S Maison, Conrad Manila, Seaside Boulevard Corner Coral Way, Mall of Asia Complex (MOA), Pasay City, open daily from 11am to 1am.
- Ground Floor, Three Central Building, Valero Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City, open daily from 10am to 12 midnight
- Ground Floor, 1880 Building, Eastwood Avenue, Libis, Quezon City
Check out my reviews of other Filipino restaurants:
- The Lechon Shop, Tomas Morato
- Angus Tapa Centrale, Tomas Morato
- Gerry’s Grill, Tomas Morato
- Luna J Filipino Gastropub, Tomas Morato
- Gerry’s Grill, SM Marikina
- Bacolod Chicken Parilla, Tomas Morato
- Classic Savory, SM East Ortigas
- Jaytee’s Tagaytay
- Buddy’s, Cubao
- Cabalen, Ayala Malls Feliz
- Limbaga 77, Tomas Morato
- Victorino’s, Tomas Morato
- Locavore, Kapitolyo
- Recipes, Tomas Morato
- Mozu at Ming’s, Tagaytay
- Siglo Modern Filipino, Tagaytay
- Conti’s, Greenbelt
- 13 Ubay Street, Banawe
- Ilustrado Restaurant, Intramuros
- Rico’s Lechon, Tiendesitas
- Fika, Capitol Hills, QC
- Sartin, Tagaytay
- Lazat, Tomas Morato
- Romulo Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Ombu Kusina, Tomas Morato
- Lobo Filipino Tavern, Poblacion
- Joliant, Tomas Morato