In our bid to eat a bit healthier after a bout of errands in Greenhills, Hubby and I opted to have an early sushi dinner at Omakase.
This Japanese resto started out as a takeout counter in Quezon City. The term omakase actually translates to “I leave it up to you.” In Japan, diners can sometimes leave it up to the chef to serve his recommended selection of seasonal specialties instead of ordering their preferences.
While that is not the system set in place in this restaurant, it does boast of an excellent selection of maki and sushi.
Hubby and I dined on a sampling of this selection with our orders:
Sashimi: Salmon (Php300) and Tuna (Php300). Raw fish sliced into thin pieces and served with soy sauce and a little wasabi.
Spicy Maguro Roll (Php310). Deep-fried spicy tuna topped with ebiko and scallions.
Chirashi Don (Php385). Assorted raw seafood over sushi rice served with miso soup.
Ebi Tempura (Php370). Five pieces of lightly battered and deep fried shrimp served with tempura sauce.
These classic seafood dishes (our go-to fare whenever we’re at a Japanese restaurant) were promptly served by the wait staff. The raw fish in the sashimi and chirashi don were fresh and flavorful.
This Omakase branch is located at Ground Floor, Connecticut Carpark Arcade, Greenhills Shopping Center, San Juan, open daily from 11am to 10pm. For inquiries and reservations, call +63 2 84709807 or +63 930 2523575.
Other branches are located at:
- Pasig: Ayala Malls Feliz
- Marikina: ESJ Building Gil Fernando Avenue
- Quezon City: Il Terrazzo Mall Tomas Morato, Holy Spirit Drive Isidora Hills Subdivision
- Muntinlupa: Molito Commercial Complex Alabang
- Makati: Grab Kitchen Glorietta 2
No time to visit an Omakase branch? Have your orders delivered to you via Food Panda.
Check out my reviews of other Japanese restaurants:
- Soru Izakaya, Tomas Morato
- Ramen Cool, Kapitolyo
- Fumizen, Tomas Morato
- Yabu, Ayala Malls Feliz
- Nanka Japanese Steakhouse, Paligsahan
- Hanako, Regis Katipunan
- KYUKYU Ramen 99, Tomas Morato
- Fukuruo Nihonryori, Cainta
- ICHO Japanese Restaurant, Greenhills
- Shizuka Cafe, Little Baguio
- Hodai, West Triangle
- Tori Chizu, UP Town Center
- Yabu, Robinsons Place Magnolia
- Sandaya Yakiniku, Fisher Mall
- Dads-Saisaki-Kamayan, SM Megamall
- Katsu Sora, Greenhills
- Cafe Shibuya, Glorietta
- Ariake, Tomas Morato
- Rai Rai Ken, SM Taytay
- Tokyo Bubble Tea, Tomas Morato
- Ramen Nagi, SM North
- Yoshinoya, SM City North EDSA
- Hiro, SM East Ortigas
- Ramen Nagi, Robinsons Galleria
- Katsu Sora, Trinoma
- Isaribi, Tomas Morato
- Zipang, Tomas Morato
- Omotenashi, Tomas Morato
- Saboten, BGC
- Osaka Takoyaki, SM East Ortigas
- Tenya Tempura Tendon, BGC
- Hanamaruken, Trinoma
- Teriyaki Boy, SM East Ortigas
- Ramen Kuroda, SM Marikina
- Don Bao, Kapitolyo
- Ramen Nagi, Greenbelt
- Menya Noodle & Bento Bar, Greenhills
- Kazoku, Tomas Morato
- Izakaya Flame, BGC
- Dohtonbori, SM Megamall
- Dohtonbori, Greenhills
- Sumo Sam, Gateway Mall
- Soru Izakaya, Ugong
One thought on “Japanese seafood dinner at Omakase, Greenhills”
Woaahh! Photos pa lang solve kana sa dami ng choices ,dahil malapit na ang father’s day perfect craving to celebrate in the house and perfect to order coz convenient na hassle free pa