After being mostly stuck within Metro Manila during the lockdown, the family heartily welcomed an out-of-town trip to San Mateo.
Venturing out from our comfy accommodations at Timberland Highlands Resort to SM City San Mateo for a spot of lunch and a bit of shopping, we decided to dine at the BOTEJYU outlet located there.
BOTEJYU is a Japanese restaurant that originated from an okonomiyaki eatery established Osaka, Japan in 1946.
Its menu expanded to include other popular Japanese dishes such as the ones we enjoyed during our visit:
Tuna Sashimi (Php395). Fresh tuna slices served with wasabi and Japanese soy sauce.
California Roll (Php255). Sushi roll made with crab meat, avocado, cucumber, prawn egg and BOTEJYU’s original mayonnaise.
Edamame (Php110). Lightly salted boiled green soy beans that serve as an appetizer to many Japanese meals.
Prawn Tempura (Php670/10pcs). Crispy battered prawns served with tempura sauce.
Tender Pork Tonkatsu (Php275). Tender pork cutlet breaded and deep-fried to a crispy golden brown and served on a bed of shredded cabbage with tokatsu sauce.
Tender Pork Tonkatsu Curry (Php425). Tender pork cutlet breaded and deep-fried to a crispy golden brown and served on a bed of rice with Osaka-style curry sauce poured over it.
Diced Beef Garlic Steak Bowl (Php545). Steamed rice bowl topped with diced beef garlic steak.
Sukiyaki Teishoku (Php540). A set meal which consists of beef cooked in sukiyaki sauce with noodles and soft-boiled egg, served with miso soup, salad, rice and kimchi.
While the menu offerings are a bit pricey, we found the quality to be reliably good, and the service to be prompt.
It’s great to see that BOTEJYU has established its presence in Rizal, thanks to this branch.
This BOTEJYU branch is located at Ground Floor, SM City San Mateo, Gen. Luna Avenue, Ampid 1, San Mateo City, Rizal, open daily from 11.15am to 7.45pm. For inquiries and reservations, call +63 917 8524673.
BOTEJYU branches in Metro Manila are located in:
- Alabang: Festival Mall Expansion Wing
- Caloocan: SM City Grand Central
- Las Pinas: Evia Lifestyle Center
- Makati: Ayala Greenbelt 3, Ayala North Exchange
- Mandaluyong: SM Megamall The Atrium
- Manila: SM City Manila
- Paranaque: Ayala Malls Manila Bay, SM City Bicutan, SM City Sucat, SM Southmall
- Pasay: SM Mall of Asia Galileo Wing
- Pasig: Ayala Malls Feliz, Estancia Mall Capitol Commons, SM City East Ortigas
- Quezon City: Ayala Vertis North Mall, Fisher Mall, Robinsons Place Magnolia, SM City Fairview, SM City North EDSA, Trinoma Mall Garden Area
- San Juan: O Square 2 Greenhills Shopping Center
- Taguig: One Bonifacio High Street Mall
BOTEJYU also accepts orders for delivery through its website and via GrabFood and FoodPanda.
Check out my previous post about BOTEJYU: