This year’s Valentine’s Day dinner at home was easy and fuss-free, thanks to a nearby branch of North Park Noodles.
That Friday came at the end of a very busy work week and I was in no mood to worry about elaborate food preparation.
Well, technology came to the rescue. At that time, North Park Noodles offered a special Sama-Sama Bundle – a combination of dishes good for sharing available at a discount – to orders made through GrabFood.
For the past twenty-five years, North Park has been serving freshly cooked Chinoy comfort food – Pinoy takes on popular Chinese dishes – to its clientele.
For only Php888 (+Php45 delivery fee), the fam and I were able to feast on some of its best-sellers which included:
Yang Chow Fried Rice. A mainstay in many Chinese meals, this fried rice is made with white rice, char siu barbecued pork, shrimp, green peas, green onion, and eggs, which all come together to make for a filling rice dish.
Sweet and Sour Pork. Made with marinated pork pieces lightly covered in cornstarch, deep-fried to a golden brown then doused with a sweet-sour sauce.
Shanghai Rolls. The lumpiang shanghai we all know and love, served in bite-size pieces with a sweet chili sauce.
China Chicken. A half-serving of the simple Chinese-style fried chicken with crispy skin and tender meat.
All of these dishes – though Chinese in origin – feature familiar flavors that that we grew up with.
The fam’s Valentine’s Day dinner at home may be lacking in polish and pizzazz, but it allowed me to spend more time talking and bonding with the people I love.
This North Park branch is located at SM Hypermarket Cainta, Felix Avenue, Barangay Santo Domingo, Cainta, Rizal.
North Park Noodles delivers through its delivery hotline +63 2 87373737, through its website, and through GrabFood.
Other branches in the metro are located at:
- Pasig: The Strip Commercial Complex Ortigas
- Mandaluyong: Greenfield District
- Quezon City: SM Hypermarket Cubao, Tomas Morato, G. Araneta Avenue, Trinoma Mall, Banawe, Tandang Sora, Ayala Fairview Terraces, Eton Centris
- Taguig: Market! Market!, SM Hypermarket FTI
- San Juan: P. Guevarra Street (opposite Petron)
- Makati: Makati corner Kalayaan Avenue, Glorietta 3, Salcedo Village, Legaspi Village, SM Hypermarket Market
- Paranaque: SM City Bicutan, ASEANA Square
- Manila: Manila Ocean Park
- Pasay: Mall of Asia Arena Parking Building
- Valenzuela: South Supermarket
- Alabang: Alabang Town Center, South Supermarket
- Muntinlupa: SM Center Muntinlupa
Check out my reviews of other Asian restaurants:
- Wangfu Chinese Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Lido Cocina Tsina, New Manila
- KopiChan, Cubao
- Asian Taste, Seascape Village
- GoGo Kitchen, Seascape Village
- Templo, Banawe
- DaTang, The Venice Piazza
- Bistro Charlemagne, Nuvali
- Bistro Charlemagne, Ayala Malls Feliz
- Bistro Charlemagne, Ayala Malls Manila Bay
- Sincerity Cafe & Restaurant, Banawe
- Hong Kong Roasting, Tomas Morato
- Yeah! Yeah! Chinese Cuisine, New Manila
- Causeway, Tomas Morato
- Bai Nian Tang Bao, BGC
- Greyson’s Dimsum and Noodle House, Mother Ignacia
- Le Ching, Tomas Morato
- Kopi Tiam, New Manila
- Hap Chan, Maybunga