This cozy resto in New Manila is actually known for offering affordable versions from the original North Park menu.
We recently welcomed my parents home with a sumptuous dinner in Kopi Tiam. The place is located along C. Benitez Street, past Camp Crame from EDSA. The part of Boni Serrano leading to this place was pretty dark and I had my doubts on whether we were in the right location. Fortunately, Hubby chanced upon the signage and we were soon assisted by a friendly security guard into our parking space.
The resto’s interiors were clean, well-lit and had a modern Asian feel.
To satisfy a hungry party of 9, our orders were:
- 3 orders of large, fresh and nutty vegetable rolls or lumpiang sariwa (only Php93 per roll!)
- 2 platters of Yang Chow Fried Rice because no Chinese food meal in my family is complete without it (Php188 per platter)
- 2 plates of Lechon Macau, another family favorite (Php258 per plate)
- Brocolli Garlic, just so we can say that we had another veggie dish (Php168)
- Salt and Pepper Spareribs, always a safe bet (Php223)
- Garlic and Beef Cubes (Php268)
- Chami Noodles (Php288), and
- Nestea Tower (Php250)
It was a comfy and tasty feast for the whole family; we were able to enjoy the relatively quiet ambiance and the service was fast and efficient.
Plus, given all our orders, total bill was at Php2,368!
I’m looking forward to dining here again and trying out the kopi beverages and desserts.
Check out my reviews of other Chinese restaurants:
- Hap Chan, Maybunga
- Le Ching, Tomas Morato
- Twapakto, Tomas Morato
- Greyson’s, Tomas Morato
- Bai Nian Tang Bao, BGC
- Fantaste, Salcedo Village
Why not try your hand at cooking Chinese dishes at home? Check out these recipe books on Amazon.com!
Want to try some recipes today? There’s no need to leave home to shop for ingredients. With Honestbee, just order your groceries online and you’ll get them delivered right at your doorstep at your preferred time. Use this referral link and get Php500 off for a minimum spend of Php2,500. You can download the Honestbee app on iTunes or Google Play.
If you’re in the US and an Amazon Prime member, sign up for a free trial of Amazon Fresh to get your groceries delivered to you.