Back when I used to spend a lot of time in San Juan for work, one of the potential highlights of the day would be a visit to Eat Fresh Famous Hongkong Street Food along Jose Abad Santos Street.
This unassuming resto is famous for serving tasty and affordable dimsum, street food and claypot rice toppings.
Since my office moved locations a few years ago, I haven’t been able to go back there for a Chinese food trip, and when the quarantine was effected last March, a trip to San Juan became all the more unlikely.
Imagine my delight when I discovered that a new branch opened right in my hometown of Pasig City. Better yet, it delivers via GrabFood!
So I took advantage of GrabFood’s FREE delivery promo for my Friday night dinner with the kiddos, and we feasted on:
Salt and Pepper Spareribs (Php322). One of my favorite Chinese dishes made with pork spare ribs seasoned with salt, chili peppers and five spice powder, then deep fried until the outside is crispy to complement the tender meat inside.
Lemon Chicken (Php322). Crispy lightly battered chicken breast pieces doused in a sweet and tangy sticky sauce. For my daughter, a Chinese meal is not complete without this dish.
3 Kinds Mushroom (Php270). This dish is the answer to this mommy question: “How do I get my kids to eat more healthy food?” Well, this delectable dish made with three different kinds of mushroom braised in flavorful oyster sauce got my kids to expand their palates to non-meat dishes.
Special Fried Rice (Php138). Filipino comedian Jo Koy tells how his dad said “Rice is rice.” Well, I beg to differ. This rice dish is special: cold day-old rice is tossed with meat, seafood and scrambled in a wok and flavored with soy sauce, aromatics and other seasonings. It goes so well with almost any Chinese dish that I can’t imagine eating Chinese food with any other type of rice dish.
So foodies, if you’ve got a craving for Asian flavors, bring out your phone and check your food delivery apps. There might be an Eat Fresh branch that delivers in your area.
This Eat Fresh Famous Hongkong Street Food is located along C. Raymundo Avenue, Maybunga, Pasig City, open daily from 10am to 7pm. For delivery, call +63 915 5827695 or course your order through GrabFood.
Download the Grab App and get a discount on your first food order when you use my code: GRABJELLYBEANS.
Other branches are located at:
- 691 Jose Abad Santos Street, Little Baguio, San Juan City
- 92 Jose Abad Santos Street, Behind Little Baguio City Hall, Little Baguio, San Juan City
- 32 General Ordoñez Corner Bayan-Bayanan Avenue, Marikina Heights, Marikina City
- 100-A Maria Clara Street, Santo Domingo, Banawe, Quezon City
- 48 President’s Avenue, BF Homes, Parañaque City
Check out my reviews of other Asian restaurants:
- North Park, Tomas Morato
- North Park Noodles, Cainta
- Wangfu Chinese Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Lido Cocina Tsina, New Manila
- KopiChan, Cubao
- Asian Taste, Seascape Village
- GoGo Kitchen, Seascape Village
- Templo, Banawe
- DaTang, The Venice Piazza
- Bistro Charlemagne, Nuvali
- Bistro Charlemagne, Ayala Malls Feliz
- Bistro Charlemagne, Ayala Malls Manila Bay
- Sincerity Cafe & Restaurant, Banawe
- Hong Kong Roasting, Tomas Morato
- Yeah! Yeah! Chinese Cuisine, New Manila
- Causeway, Tomas Morato
- Bai Nian Tang Bao, BGC
- Greyson’s Dimsum and Noodle House, Mother Ignacia
- Le Ching, Tomas Morato
- Kopi Tiam, New Manila
- Hap Chan, Maybunga