We’ve been inundated with quite a lot of bad hits lately. Faced with the pandemic, still raging across the globe, and the spate of typhoons that battered our country, we sometimes want to curl up somewhere warm and comforting.
That is what goto brings: the comforting warmth that fills the tummy and soothes the soul.
During a particularly rainy day, Hubby decided to have goto for our merienda.
Also called arroz caldo con goto (which roughly translates to “rice soup with tripe”), goto is made with glutinous rice infused with ginger. Afterwards, thin strips of boiled tripe and other proteins are added to the porridge before the dish is garnished with a hard-boiled egg, toasted garlic and diced scallions. It’s great for chilly rainy days or for chasing away a hangover.
In our case, our goto snack is something to slurp on as we binge-watch some K-dramas during a rainy day.
Hubby ordered our snack from a relatively new goto place called Goto Believe which reinvents the classic porridge.
Our meal consisted of:
Goto Heaven (Php108). Hot ginger-infused rice porridge with strips of tripe, beef tendon, innards and meat.
Grilled Chicharong Bulaklak (Php126/2 sticks). Crispy and flavorful ruffled pork fat in skewers.
These are not the healthiest of food combinations but that’s why they’re comfort food, right?
If you want to have your own bowl of comforting goto delivered right to your doorstep to chase away the rainy day blues, order online or via GrabFood or FoodPanda.
Download the Grab App and get a discount on your first food order when you use my code: GRABJELLYBEANS.
Use this link to download the FoodPanda app and get Php100 off your first order.
Check out my reviews of other Filipino restaurants:
- Max’s, Ayala Feliz
- Mang Ding’s, Marikina
- Belly Good Boneless Lechon, Maybunga
- Aling Banang’s, Santa Lucia
- Friends & Family Express, The Podium
- Mang Inasal, Libis
- Max’s, Tomas Morato
- Pares Retiro, Tomas Morato
- 121 Restaurant, BGC Stopover
- 121 Restaurant, Allegro Center
- Manam Comfort Filipino, Trinoma
- Tahanan Bistro, Antipolo
- Liloan’s Pride, California Garden Square
- Bench Cafe, Trinoma
- Kusina Moderne, Poblacion
- Bai’s Boneless Lechon Cebu, Pasig
- Liloan’s Pride Liempo, Greenhills
- Abbiocco, Paligsahan
- Chef Robert, Greenhills
- The Lechon Shop, Tomas Morato
- Angus Tapa Centrale, Tomas Morato
- Gerry’s Grill, Tomas Morato
- Luna J Filipino Gastropub, Tomas Morato
- Gerry’s Grill, SM Marikina
- Bacolod Chicken Parilla, Tomas Morato
- Classic Savory, SM East Ortigas
- Jaytee’s Tagaytay
- Buddy’s, Cubao
- Cabalen, Ayala Malls Feliz
- Limbaga 77, Tomas Morato
- Victorino’s, Tomas Morato
- Locavore, Kapitolyo
- Recipes, Tomas Morato
- Mozu at Ming’s, Tagaytay
- Siglo Modern Filipino, Tagaytay
- Conti’s, Greenbelt
- 13 Ubay Street, Banawe
- Ilustrado Restaurant, Intramuros
- Rico’s Lechon, Tiendesitas
- Fika, Capitol Hills, QC
- Sartin, Tagaytay
- Lazat, Tomas Morato
- Romulo Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Lobo Filipino Tavern, Poblacion
- Joliant, Tomas Morato
- Ombu Kusina, Tomas Morato
- Padi’s Point, Sumulong
- Padi’s Point, Upper Antipolo
- Padi’s Point, Tomas Morato
- Padi’s Point, Metro East
- Sisig Society, Fisher Mall
- Tapsi ni Vivian, Pasig
- Lola Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Pamana, Tomas Morato
4 thoughts on “Hot soothing goto from Goto Believe, Kapitolyo”
This is really perfect when watching a movie then slurping it while it’s hot and outside is raining. The grilled chicharong bulaklak really matches this goto ♡♡♡
The grilled chicharong bulaklak is really a treat especially pag maulan at malamig! We used to have this as breakfast and merienda tapos may mainit na pandesal. Sometimes while enjoying watching Kdrama. Super comforting!
This will be perfect sa rainy season. Grilled Chicharong Bulaklak bago yan saken ngayon lang ako nakarinig na pwede palang i grill yan 😮. I love it po perfect din tong dalawa pang meryienda 👍❤️.
big yes to this po. this is really good to eat while watching kdrama. i love kdrama too 🙂 i dont eat chicharong bulaklak but this looks enticing here. very affordable pa ang prices. it is convenient na available sya via grab at foodpanda.