Who can say no to delicious Chinese food?
Not me, definitely!
Chinese food lovers north of the metro sure are lucky to have a place to go to for a delectable feast: Modern Shanghai at Trinoma Mall.
Modern Shanghai, managed by The Bistro Group, brings the rich flavors and authenticity of home cooking from Sichuan, Beijing and Shanghai in a casual, family-style restaurant setting.
In response to the need of the times, The Bistro Group has instituted safety protocols for safe dining-in at its restaurants. These include: regular health checks for all its personnel, compliance of all outdoor and indoor seating to physical distancing guidelines, hand sanitizers available at the entrance and on every table, as well as contactless menu ordering and payment.
These protocols require diners to submit to temperature checks, provide contact tracing details and using the hand sanitizers and sanitation mats prior to entering the restaurant premises, as well as wearing their personal protective equipment (PPEs) while inside. Would-be diners who exhibit COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to people who do, have underlying health conditions or have concerns about contracting the disease when dining out are advised to stay home and avail of the restaurant’s contactless delivery options.
Together with my foodie friends, I was able to have a safe dining experience at Modern Shanghai, third stop of our epic food crawl at the Trinoma Mall in Quezon City. The mood was light and celebratory, as we sampled mouthwatering dishes such as:
Premium Steamed Shrimp and Pork Siomai (Php338/6 pieces). Traditional pork and shrimp dumpling best enjoyed dipped in toyo-mansi (soy sauce with calamansi juice) with just a bit of chili paste.
Signature Xiao Long Bao (Php258/6 pieces). The classic dumpling made from a savory meat filling and a fragrant soup wrapped together in a delicate bao wrapper.
Yang Chow Fried Rice (Php388, good for sharing among three to four people). Always present in my Chinese meals, this wok-fried rice is a delicious mixture of flavors and textures that go so well with other Chinese dishes.
Birthday Noodles (Php498, good for sharing among three to four people). Noodles are generally eaten on someone’s birthday as a way wishing them long life. Noodles, chopped meat, hard-boiled quail eggs and veggies are tossed together in a wok to make a flavorful noodle dish.
Wok-Fried Sliced Beef with Broccoli (Php648). Tender slices of beef sauteed with ginger and broccoli.
Deep-Fried Pork Ribs with Spicy Salt and Pepper (Php498). Tender pork ribs seasoned with salt, pepper and spices, deep-fried and topped with sauteed garlic.
These rich flavors and hearty servings are best enjoyed with family and friends.
Dine in at Modern Shanghai and enjoy more of these sumptuous Chinese food plus great savings with Modern Shanghai’s irresistible offers:
- BFF Bundle (Php1,298, good for three to four persons): Signature Shanghai Mien, Sweet & Sour Chicken, Yang Chow Fried Rice and Braised Fish Fillet in Black Bean Sauce
- Buy One Take One Everyday: Wok-Fried Sliced Beef with Brocolli + Signature Xiao Long Bao (Php648), Sauteed Tenderloin Beef with Scallions + Steamed Hakaw Shrimp Dumplings (Php648), Birthday Noodles + Steamed Buns with Preserved Egg Yolk (Php498), Signature Shanghai Mien + Pan-Fried Shanghai Pork Buns
You can also get great savings with the BFF Card, The Bistro Group’s loyalty program that gives members exclusive perks across 15 restaurant brands such as:
- 30% off on Mondays
- 20% off on Tuesdays
- Complimentary coffee or hot tea single-serve with entree purchase
- Online seats reservation
- Six Php250 e-vouchers with minimum purchase of Php1,000 per voucher
This Modern Shanghai is located at Fourth Floor, Trinoma Mall, Bagong Pag-Asa, Quezon City, open daily from 11am to 8pm. For inquiries and reservations, call +63 2 79162028 or +63 977 2414903.
Other branches are located at:
- Ground Floor, Venice Grand Canal Mall, McKinley Hill, Taguig City
- Second Floor, Entertainment Mall, SM Mall of Asia, Mall of Asia Complex (MOA), Pasay City
- Evia Lifestyle Center, Daang Hari Road, Almanza, Las Piñas City
- Ground Floor, AllHome, C-5 Road Extension, Manuyo, Las Piñas City
Modern Shanghai also delivers via GrabFood and FoodPanda.
Check out my posts about other restos of The Bistro Group: