As anybody who has ever lived near a bakery or belonged to the same household as a baker can attest to, there’s nothing quite like the smell of freshly baked bread.
As one of the oldest prepared food items, bread is a staple in many countries. It can be eaten on its own, topped with breads or as a companion to other dishes likes meats, pastas and soups.
Over the years, bread-making has become commercialized, and a loaf can be easily bought at any grocery store or neighborhood bakeshop.
Still, we can’t help but long for those artisanal breads that we usually see in specialty bread shops and hotel buffets.
And wouldn’t you know it, thanks my trusty Kitchen Aid Mixer and L’Artisano Premium Artisan Bread Flour, baking homemade artisanal bread for the fam is so easy!
- In your mixer bowl, dissolve 1 tbsp of sugar in warm water, then stir in 1 1/2 tbsp active dry yeast. Let the yeast proof for 5 minutes, until it resembles a creamy foam.
- Using your mixer’s dough hook, mix in 1/2 cup sugar, salt and oil into yeast mixture. While mixing, add 5 cups of L’ Artisano Premium Artisan Bread Flour, one cup at a time.
- Knead the dough for 7 minutes then transfer to a well-oiled bowl. Cover with a damp cloth and allow the dough to rise for 1 hour, until it doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down and knead again for 1 minute. Divide the dough into two and place in two greased loaf pans. Sprinkle some olive oil and dry oats on top. Allow the dought to rise for another 30 minutes.
- Bake at 175 deg C for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cool, then cut into thick slices. Serve with soft butter or cream cheese or partner with your favorite pasta dish or soup.
L’Artisano Premium Artisanal Bread Flour is premium-quality, unchlorinated and unbleached bread flour that helps me produce a mouth-watering loaf that my fam really loves. I love its ultra-fine texture and the structure it brings to the breads I make.
Grab L’ Artisano Premium Artisan Flour in selected Waltermart Supermarkets and All About Baking Stores in NCR and Provincial Luzon now.
Disclosure: Product samples were provided to facilitate this feature.