Feel like making a healthy change?
At Pure Nectar, the offshoot of popular mall juice stand Fruit Magic, you can get yourself fresh juices made through contemporary cold-pressed juicing. This method makes use of hydraulic presses to extract juice from fruits and vegetables.
Most of its branches are located in mall foodcourts but the branch in Loyola Heights may be considered free-standing, being easily accessible from the street. Aside from Pure Nectar’s drinks, this store also offers healthy meals such as rice bowls and tacos.
After having lunch with my fellow bloggers at 47East’s Discovery Cafe, I dropped by this Pure Nectar branch a few meters away to take advantage of a Booky Buy One Get One deal which gave me two bottles of Pure Nectar’s Cold Brew Cashew Latte for only Php120.
These drinks are made with cold brew coffee and cashew nut milk and light sweetening syrup. Since the coffee is cold-brewed, it has lower acidity than regular coffee, perfect for those suffering from acid reflux. This energizing drink is also a good antioxidant. The taste and mouthfeel of the cashew nut milk are new, and quite welcome, experiences for me.
As luck would have it, the store has in-store promos which also provides Buy One Get One deals on other drink variants. I got two bottles of Buko Pandan for only Php60.
Made from coconut milk, pandan extract and light sweetening syrup, this drink is good for those fighting bad cholesterol.
Being only lightly sweetened, it took me some time to acclimate my sweetness-conditioned palate to both drinks. For those who are already into juice cleanses, these drinks would probably be quite sweet already.
Since the juices contain no additives or preservatives, these were sensitive to heat and sunlight. As soon as I got home, I immediately placed them in the refrigerator. They only keep for up to three days in the fridge but, as my son developed a liking for the Buko Pandan juice, they were soon consumed.
If you’re exploring ways to eat healthy and get more nutrients into your system, do check out Pure Nectar’s juices. Juice cleanse sets for as low as Php1,240 are also available. More details on these are available at Pure Nectar’s website.
This Pure Nectar branch is located at Ground Floor, MQI Building, Rosa Alvero Street corner Esteban Abada Street, Loyola Heights, Quezon City, open Mondays to Saturdays from 8am to 9pm, and Sundays from 9am to 8pm.
Other branches (some shared with Fruit Magic) are located at:
- Foodcourt, SM Megamall Building A, Ortigas, Mandaluyong City
- SM Supermarket, SM Megamall Building B, Ortigas, Mandaluyong City
- Food Forum, Shangri-la Plaza, Ortigas, Mandaluyong City
- Third Floor, V-Mall, Greenhills Shopping Center, Greenhills, San Juan
- Second Floor, Forum Robinsons Mall, Pioneer Street, Buayang Bato, Mandaluyong City
- Food on Four, SM Aura Premier, C5 Road corner 26th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
- Food District Signatures on Fifth, One Bonifacio High Street, 5th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
- Food Choices, Market! Market!, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
- Ground Floor, Venice Grand Canal Mall, McKinley Hill, Taguig
- Food Choices, Third Floor, Glorietta 4, Glorietta Complex, Makati City
- Robinsons Supermarket, One Capitol Hills Drive, Old Balara, Quezon City
- Shopwise Commonwealth, Commonwealth Avenue, Holy Spirit, Quezon City
- Second Floor, Landmark Trinoma Complex, EDSA, Quezon City
- Food Choices, Landmark Trinoma Complex, EDSA, Quezon City
- Level 4, Terminal 3, Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Pasay City
- Main Mall, SM Mall of Asia, MOA Complex, Pasay City
- Food Court, Alabang Town Center, Alabang, Muntinlupa