In the time prior to the community quarantine, I haven’t been so conscious of the need for variety among the viands I serve my fam (probably we didn’t usually spend every lunchtime together until now).
Apparently, the kiddos sometimes get tired of the same-old chows.
Well, I also get tired of wracking my brain coming up with fresh takes on the dishes to serve.
So one day, an hour before lunchtime, I just took out my phone, opened the food delivery app and started scrolling.
And lo and behold, the salvation of my family’s lunch came at the hands of Belly Good Boneless Lechon, a Pinoy resto specializing in boneless lechon belly situated less than two kilometers from my home.
After a few more taps on my phone, my family’s lunch soon found its way to our table.
Family-size Bellychon (Php430). What a wonderful time to be alive when you can just order lechon anytime you crave for it. And no, you don’t need the whole lechon, right? Just the good parts will do, like the tender and flavorful meat and the crunchy skin.
Bellygood Pancit (Php220). Feel like carbo-loading? The serving size of Belly Good’s stir-fried noodle dish is quite large (filling up two bowls!), more than enough for the fam. It does tend to get a bit dry, and its presentation could use some work.
All I had to do was make sure we had enough steamed rice and iced tea, and just like that, a potentially disastrous lunch was averted without too much demand on my poor brain cells.
I felt quite nourished and refreshed that I had an excellent idea on what to have for dinner that same day.
Belly Good Boneless Lechon is located at Second Floor, Hampton Gardens Arcade, C. Raymundo Avenue, Maybunga, Pasig City. For deliveries and store pick-ups, send a message via Facebook or call/text +63 917 5420130. You can also order through GrabFood, FoodPanda and LalaFood.
Download the Grab App on the App Store or Google Play. Get a discount on your first food order when you use my code: GRABJELLYBEANS.
Use this link to download the FoodPanda app and get Php100 off your first order.
Download the LalaFood App and get a free delivery coupon when you use my code: BEINGJMR53.
Check out my reviews of other Filipino restaurants:
- Aling Banang’s, Santa Lucia
- Friends & Family Express, The Podium
- Mang Inasal, Libis
- Max’s, Tomas Morato
- Pares Retiro, Tomas Morato
- 121 Restaurant, BGC Stopover
- 121 Restaurant, Allegro Center
- Manam Comfort Filipino, Trinoma
- Tahanan Bistro, Antipolo
- Liloan’s Pride, California Garden Square
- Bench Cafe, Trinoma
- Kusina Moderne, Poblacion
- Bai’s Boneless Lechon Cebu, Pasig
- Liloan’s Pride Liempo, Greenhills
- Abbiocco, Paligsahan
- Chef Robert, Greenhills
- The Lechon Shop, Tomas Morato
- Angus Tapa Centrale, Tomas Morato
- Gerry’s Grill, Tomas Morato
- Luna J Filipino Gastropub, Tomas Morato
- Gerry’s Grill, SM Marikina
- Bacolod Chicken Parilla, Tomas Morato
- Classic Savory, SM East Ortigas
- Jaytee’s Tagaytay
- Buddy’s, Cubao
- Cabalen, Ayala Malls Feliz
- Limbaga 77, Tomas Morato
- Victorino’s, Tomas Morato
- Locavore, Kapitolyo
- Recipes, Tomas Morato
- Mozu at Ming’s, Tagaytay
- Siglo Modern Filipino, Tagaytay
- Conti’s, Greenbelt
- 13 Ubay Street, Banawe
- Ilustrado Restaurant, Intramuros
- Rico’s Lechon, Tiendesitas
- Fika, Capitol Hills, QC
- Sartin, Tagaytay
- Lazat, Tomas Morato
- Romulo Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Lobo Filipino Tavern, Poblacion
- Joliant, Tomas Morato
- Ombu Kusina, Tomas Morato
- Padi’s Point, Sumulong
- Padi’s Point, Upper Antipolo
- Padi’s Point, Tomas Morato
- Padi’s Point, Metro East
- Sisig Society, Fisher Mall
- Tapsi ni Vivian, Pasig
- Lola Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Pamana, Tomas Morato