Back when my office was located in the Ortigas area, a lunchtime sojourn to SM Megamall was a frequent occurrence.
For one thing, it’s just a short cab (or FX) ride away; my officemates and I can easily grab a quick meal, enjoy the change of scenery, and be back at our desk usually before our bosses came back from their own lunch outs.
Another reason is the sheer number of affordable and delicious dining options available, which, sadly, far outnumbers those housed in our office building’s cafeteria.
One of our favorite SM Megamall haunts is Yoshinoya, the second-largest chain of gyudon restaurants in the world. It makes Japanese rice bowls and more easily accessible to Pinoys through its affordable menu items that don’t scrimp on fresh ingredients.
Sadly, our office moved locations and a lunchtime trip to Yoshinoya is no longer as convenient.
Plus, with the quarantine restrictions still in place, I really haven’t been going out much.
That is, until my daughter #ExhibitA and I went shopping for supplies at SM Megamall.
Giving in to #ExhibitA’s request for us to eat somewhere which offers gyoza, I decided to treat her to lunch at Yoshinoya. There, we refueled after a round of shopping with these dishes:
Gyoza (Php79). Pork and vegetable-filled dumplings steamed then pan-grilled for a satisfying mix of chewy and crunchy textures and served with a dipping sauce.
California Maki (Php79). A sushi roll containing cucumber, kani and mango bits.
Pork Tonkatsu Bento (Php189). Deep fried breaded pork served in a bento box with macaroni salad, tiramisu and served with Tonkatsu sauce.
Regular Gyudon Beef (Php159 ala carte | Php189 solo meal with with red iced tea and coffee jelly). Tender beef slices are simmered in a special herb and spice broth together with sliced onions and then served on top of a bowl of steaming rice.
Green Tea Ice Cream (Php50).
Well, with these flavorful Japanese dishes that don’t burn a whole through my wallet, I am quite satisfied with my return to Yoshinoya!
This Yoshinoya branch is located at Upper Ground Floor, Building A, SM Megamall, Ortigas, Mandaluyong City, open daily from 10am to 9pm. For delivery, call +63 2 2882888.
Other branches are located at:
- Food Court, Level 1, Robinsons Galleria, Ortigas, Quezon City
- Second Floor, Main Building, SM City North EDSA, Bago Bantay, Quezon City
- Second Floor, Annex Building, SM City Fairview, Novaliches, Quezon City
- Valero Carpark 2, Valero Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City
- Second Floor, Glorietta 1, Ayala Center, Glorietta Complex, Makati City
- Fourth Floor, SM City Manila, Ermita, Manila
- Ground Floor, North Wing, SM Mall of Asia, Mall of Asia Complex (MOA), Pasay City
To know more about Yoshinoya, visit its website or follow it on Facebook or Instagram.
Check out my reviews of other Japanese restaurants:
- Gulu Gulu, La Loma
- Dabururamen, SM Megamall
- Mendokoro Ramenba, BGC
- Motto Motto, BGC
- Yabu, Ayala Malls the 30th
- Teriyaki Boy, SM East Ortigas
- Komoro Japanese Dining, SM Megamall
- Go Bento, BGC
- Ippudo, MOA
- Yabu, Robinsons Galleria
- Soru Izakaya, Maginhawa
- Soru Izakaya, Tomas Morato
- Marugame Udon, Fisher Mall
- Sigekiya Ramen, Estancia Mall
- Omakase, Greenhills
- Ramen Cool, Kapitolyo
- Fumizen, Tomas Morato
- Yabu, Ayala Malls Feliz
- Nanka Japanese Steakhouse, Paligsahan
- Hanako, Regis Katipunan
- KYUKYU Ramen 99, Tomas Morato
- Fukuruo Nihonryori, Cainta
- ICHO Japanese Restaurant, Greenhills
- Shizuka Cafe, Little Baguio
- Hodai, West Triangle
- Tori Chizu, UP Town Center
- Yabu, Robinsons Place Magnolia
- Sandaya Yakiniku, Fisher Mall
- Katsu Sora, Greenhills
- Cafe Shibuya, Glorietta
- Ariake, Tomas Morato
- Rai Rai Ken, SM Taytay
- Tokyo Bubble Tea, Tomas Morato
- Ramen Nagi, SM North
- Yoshinoya, SM City North EDSA
- Ramen Nagi, Robinsons Galleria
- Katsu Sora, Trinoma
- Saboten, BGC
- Tenya Tempura Tendon, BGC
- Hanamaruken, Trinoma
- Ramen Kuroda, SM Marikina
- Ramen Nagi, Greenbelt
- Menya Noodle & Bento Bar, Greenhills
- Izakaya Flame, BGC
- Dohtonbori, Greenhills
5 thoughts on “Filling Japanese lunch at Yoshinoya, SM Megamall”
otw na po jan mommy hahah char! sakto lunch time na po sarap kumaen lalo na ganito kasasarap po, kumpleto rekados na to e kumbaga, tipong wala ka na tlagang hahanapin pang iba 🤤
happy lunch time po mommy gel ❤
Wow. ang saya naman mag punta dito sa Yoshinoya. Dahil makakain po ang gusto mong tikman 😍 Meron din pala ito sa Sm Megamall. Sarap mag punta dto.. Ang yuyummy ng pagkain nila. Talaga namang mabubusog ka 😍
Nakakatuwa naman po malaman na ang Yoshinoya ang pangalawa sa largest chain of gyudon restaurant in the world parang gusto ko tuloy puntahan agad agad pag nasa manila na ako.Sarap din po ng menu nila especially pork tonkatsu bento na mag crave ka talaga kahit sa picture pa lang.Highly recommended po lalo na affordable din ang price.
Wow grabe ang sasarap nman ng mga food nila ung gyoza at california maki tlga nkkatakam . Ung pakiramdam na nsa japan ka pero nasa sm megamall ka lang . Mkakatikim kna ng mga japanesse food na mssarap at nkakatakam 😍❤️
wow perfect tong Yoshinoya for our japanese cuisine cravings. i like all the foods that you ordered, all are delicious and flavorful.value for money pa kasi sobrang affordable. i love to try first their Gyoza, Regular Gyudon Beef and Green Tea Ice Cream.