Airbnb has announced its summer 2023 release, which is set to introduce over 50 new features and upgrades, with the introduction of Airbnb Rooms being the most significant. In a bid to accommodate the expected 300 million guests for the summer season, Airbnb Rooms offers a new way to share homes. With more than 1 million private bedrooms featured in a new Rooms category, guests can enjoy a more authentic way of travelling that is affordable and provides unique experiences.
“With Airbnb Rooms, we’re getting back to the idea that started it all – back to our founding ethos of sharing,” said Brian Chesky, Airbnb co-founder and CEO. “Airbnb Rooms are often more affordable than hotels, and they’re the most authentic way to experience a city. This is the soul of Airbnb.”
Introducing Airbnb Rooms
Originally, Airbnb began as a platform for sharing a room in someone else’s home, offering guests a chance to stay at affordable prices while experiencing the city like a local. Airbnb believes that the original concept is more important than ever, and now, with the pandemic over, the demand for travel is increasing. Airbnb Rooms has been created to ensure that guests are comfortable staying with a Host, and the new feature offers a way to get to know the Host through the Host Passport. The passport showcases a larger photo and details about the Host, including where they went to school and their profession, to help guests feel more at ease before booking a stay.
50+ New Features and Upgrades Based on User Feedback
Airbnb has taken a design-driven approach to enhance the experience for guests and hosts, from sign up to checking out, and every step in between. Based on user feedback, Airbnb has launched over 50 new features and upgrades to improve the service, and these include:
- Total price display: Guests can view the total price with fees before taxes across the entire app, including in search results, maps, price filters, and listing pages.
- Transparent checkout instructions: Guests can now view checkout instructions on the listing page before booking, receive reminders before they leave the home, and tell Airbnb about excessive requests.
- Improved maps: Updated maps have faster performance, persistent pins when zooming and panning, and more search results.
- Redesigned wishlists: Wishlist interfaces are improved, including one-tap saving, improved calendars that show the availability of wishlisted homes, and the ability to add notes to wishlisted listings.
- Simpler and more affordable monthly stays: Airbnb is reducing the guest service fee after the third month for stays over three months. Guests in the US can also save on stays over one month when paying with their linked bank account. A new Months tab features an all-new interface that makes it easy to select the length of stay.
- Monthly stays made simpler and more affordable: The guest service fee will be significantly reduced after the third month for stays over three months. Guests in the US can save on stays over one month when paying with their linked bank account. You can also use the all-new Months tab to search for stays from 1-12 months easily.
- Priority access to customer service during your trip: A dedicated 24/7 support team for priority access while you’re on a trip has been created with the goal is to answer 90% of calls in English within two minutes or less.
- Payment flexibility: Guests in the US and Canada can now pay for stays in four interest-free installments over six weeks through Airbnb’s partnership with Klarna. For bookings over $500 (US only), guests can also apply to pay monthly. We are working to add more countries throughout the year.
- Instant rebooking credit for canceled stays: If a Host cancels within 30 days of arrival, most guests will receive instant credit that can be used to rebook another stay immediately.
The launch of Airbnb Rooms and the new features and upgrades offer guests a more comfortable and enjoyable experience, enhancing the authenticity and affordability of travel.
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed 1.4 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
Details provided in a recent press release.
Photo Credit: Header image by alexandercho on Freepik