The katsu, previously known as katsuretsu, is a type of yoshoku – Western-influenced cooking in Japanese cuisine – which, in this case is the Wiener Schnitzel. The term katsuretsu is actually the Japanese pronunciation of “cutlet.”
Restaurants that specialize in katsu have recently grown in popularity. One such restaurant is Katsu Sora. I have dined in its Greenhills and Eastwood branches and I have enjoyed my meals there.
My go-to order in Katsu Sora is the mille-feuille katsu which is made up of layers of thinly sliced pork, breaded and deep-fried to a crispy golden brown. (Mille-Feuille Set – Php325)
Both come with all-you-can-eat salad from Katsu Sora’s salad bar (the only one to offer such among the katsu places I’ve tried), unlimited rice and bottomless miso soup which make for very full tummies!
- 2nd Floor, Eastwood Mall, Libis, Quezon City
- 2nd Floor, Promenade, Greenhills Shopping Center, San Juan
- 4th Floor, Trinoma Mall, North Triangle, Quezon City
- 2nd Floor, SM City BF Paranaque, Sucat Road, Paranaque City
- Ayala Malls Serin, Barangay Crossing Silang East, Tagaytay-Nasugbu Road, Tagaytay City