After taking care of my morning errands in Makati around lunchtime, I was faced with the challenge of finding somewhere to eat. Fortunately, I espied the branch of Amici among the eateries inside the Ayala Triangle Gardens.
Amici started out as a canteen that caters to the employees of the Don Bosco Printing Press. At that time, it was called Amici di Don Bosco (Friends of Don Bosco). Its menu then consisted of coffee and gelato which later expanded to include wood-fire oven baked pizzas and homemade pastas. The reputation of this restaurant serving tasty and authentic Italian food prepared by priests grew and attracted more and more customers. Today, Amici has 9 branches in Metro Manila, a recognized institution when it comes to authentic Italian pizza, pasta and gelato.
For my lunch today, I opted to munch on two flavors I have been craving for: truffle pasta and chocolate.
Linguine al Prosciutto e Tartufo (Php370)
One of Amici’s best-sellers, this is the resto’s version of a truffle pasta. Linguini pasta are cooked al dente then drenched in a masterful blend of prosciutto, truffle oil, porcini and shitake mushrooms. The smell of truffle oil may be overpowering to some but I didn’t mind it one bit. I found the serving portion a bit too large so I left half to take home to my daughter #ExhibitA; Amici’s dishes are #BestWhenShared anyway.
Turtle Pie Gelato (Php95 per scoop) by Cara Mia
Rich dark chocolate with drizzles of caramel and studded with pecans. I found the scoop a bit small but, well, as a wise woman once told me, quality is never cheap. I treat getting myself a gelato at Amici as a sort of indulgence or reward for myself.
The place is clean and well-lit and has a busy and energetic vibe given the lunchtime crowd. That said, I found the service very warm and accommodating: I was seated very quickly, and given garlic bread to munch on while waiting for my order. Also, my water was refilled without my having to request for it and my request to have half of my pasta wrapped for takeout was immediately done.
This Amici branch is located at Ayala Triangle Gardens, Salcedo Village, Makati City and is open weekdays from 10am to 10pm and weekends from 12nn to 8pm. For reservations and inquiries, call + 63 2 6216111 or +63 977 4596625.
Other branches are located at:
- Don Bosco School, A. Arnaiz Avenue, San Lorenzo, Makati City (Tel: +63 2 8221111, +63 916 9227972 or +63 906 1234456)
- Second Floor, Alabang Town Center, Alabang, Muntinlupa City (Tel: +63 2 4039373, +63 917 8946897 or +63 917 8218988)
- Third Floor, Mega Atrium, SM Megamall, Ortigas, Mandaluyong City (Tel: +63 2 6361340, +63 2 6361341, + 63 947 2998417 or +63 906 8463051)
- Ground Floor, 101 Missouri Square, Missouri Corner Connecticut Street, Greenhills, San Juan City (Tel: +63 2 724 4804, +63 2 724 4806, +63 936 7190592, or +63 908 9901506)
- Bellagio Square, Tomas MoratoAvenue, Laging Handa, Quezon City (Tel: +63 2 3766458, +63 915 6272060 or +63 905 1958506)
- Ground Floor, The Block, SM City North EDSA, Bago Bantay, Quezon City (Tel: +63 2 709 5545, +63 906 7243019 or +63 916 7890754)
- Ground Floor, UP Ayala Technohub, Commonwealth Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City (Tel: +63 2 709 0999, +63 995 1693154 or +63 936 2935257)
- Ground Floor, The Oracle Hotel & Residences, 317 Katipunan Avenue, Loyola Heights, Quezon City (Tel: +63 956 6031048 or +63 935 4402663)
This post contains affiliate links.
To learn more about Italian cuisine, check out these books on Amazon.com!
Love books and reading? Try Kindle Unlimited on Amazon. Get your first month FREE.
No Kindle device? Download the Kindle App for FREE to read your favorite books anytime and anywhere.
No time to read? Listen to your favorite books instead while you drive, run, shop, and more. Try Audible for free for 30 days and get two free audiobooks.
Want to try some recipes today? There’s no need to leave home to shop for ingredients. With Honestbee, just order your groceries online and you’ll get them delivered right at your doorstep at your preferred time. Use this referral link and get Php500 off for a minimum spend of Php2,500. You can download the Honestbee app on iTunes or Google Play.
If you’re in the US and an Amazon Prime member, sign up for a free trial of Amazon Fresh to get your groceries delivered to you.