I’ve been hearing a lot about Jin Joo Korean Grill and I’ve been hankering to try it out. When I saw a Metrodeal offer that would allow me to enjoy its Samgyeopsal Grill with unlimited side dishes, normally priced at Php470, at the discounted price of only Php149, I just grabbed it and scheduled my Korean food adventure.
This also gave me a reason to visit the newly renovated The Podium mall in Ortigas Center, wherein Jin Joo is one of the welcome additions to the mall’s gustatory offerings.
Located at the mall’s second floor, its facade first appeared cramped. However, I changed this opinion upon entering: it has a sprawling and well-appointed dining area, comprised mostly of wood elements. Here and there are spots of interest like colorful Asian-themed paintings on the wall, tasteful lighted signages and linesmof soju bottles along another wall.
Each table is equipped with a state-of-the-art grilling stove, allowing diners to cook their meats according to their preference.
Upon assisting me to my window seat, my server Macq immediately laid out side dishes for me to munch on while I wait. These include kimchi (of course!), strips of flat scrambled egg, soy potatoes, crushed dilis, banana slices and assorted veggies.
The pork belly was grilled in the kitchen since grilling at the table requires at least two meat orders. I didn’t mind since I didn’t have to worry about cooking the meat right. 🙂
When Macq finished serving and slicing the grilled pork belly, I dipped tender and juicy slices in the ssamjang and sesame oil provided, then wrapped them in lettuce leaves together with thin slices of garlic and some of the crushed dilis. This resulted to a very tasty mouthful of samgyeopsal.
I took advantage of the unlimited side dishes by asking for refills of the potatoes, egg, and banana slices.
The Metrodeal offer gave a me a fine preview of what to expect at Jin Joo. Some reminders if you’re also availing of the same promo:
- Call the branch first to reserve. Walk-ins are usually not accommodated.
- Arrive on time as your reservation will only be held for 20 minutes.
- You can only use one Metrodeal voucher per visit.
On my next visit, I’m looking forward to trying Jin Joo’s 10 Flavors Unli K-BBQ set priced at Php499/person (add Php50 for dinner).
This Jin Joo Korean Grill branch is located at the Second Floor, The Podium, ADB Avenue, Ortigas, Mandaluyong City, open Mondays to Thursdays from 11am to 10pm and Fridays to Sundays from 10am to 10pm. For queries and reservations, call +63 917 2555508.
Other branches may be found at:
- Fifth Floor, SM Aura Premier, C5 Road Corner 26th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City (open daily from 11am to 10pm | Tel No: + 63 917 2481777)
- Eastwood Citywalk 1, Libis, Quezon CIty (open daily from 11am to 12mn | Tel No: + 63 915 2091888)
- Ground Floor, South Wing, SM Mall of Asia, Mall of Asia Complex (MOA), Pasay City (open daily from 11am to 10pm | Tel No: + 63 917 2555509)
- Ground Floor, Glorietta 4, Ayala Center, Glorietta Complex, Makati City (opening soon)
This post contains affiliate links.
Check out my posts about other Korean restaurants:
- Jang Ga Nae, Ortigas
- Masil, Ugong
- Arariyo, Antipolo
- All4U, Century Mall
- Samgyeopmasarap, Greenhills
- Every Samgyeop, Tomas Morato
- Oh My Korean Grill and Chimaek, Tomas Morato
- Gangnam Wings, Megamall
- Premier The Samgyupsal, Malate
- Korean Palace, Baguio
- All4U, SM East Ortigas
- K-Pub BBQ, Trinoma
- Neul Bolm, Tagaytay
Why not try your hand at cooking Korean food at home? Check out these recipe books on Amazon.com!
Want to try some recipes today? There’s no need to leave home to shop for ingredients. With Honestbee, just order your groceries online and you’ll get them delivered right at your doorstep at your preferred time. Use this referral link and get Php500 off for a minimum spend of Php2,500. You can download the Honestbee app on iTunes or Google Play.
If you’re in the US and an Amazon Prime member, sign up for a free trial of Amazon Fresh to get your groceries delivered to you.