A new eatery just opened along Alvarado Extension in Manila, giving students of nearby Chiang Kai Shek College, workers of nearby business and residents of Tondo a quick and affordable taste of Taiwanese-style iced tea and fried chicken.
The newly opened first branch of Oh My Chicken is a cozy shop where people who are looking for quick and cheap eats can hie off to and get their fix of fried chicken together with their favorite tea drinks.
Its chicken offerings include:
- Oh My Chicken Steak (Php78 for regular | Php128 for large)
- Oh My Chicken Popcorn (Php88 for regular | Php118 for large)
- Oh My Chicken Leg (Php78 for 1 pc | Php148 for 2 pcs)
- Oh My Chicken Wing (Php78 for 1 pc | Php148 for 2 pcs)
The chicken steak and popcorn are available in Original, Ganmei, Chinese Barbecue, Szechuan Spicy and Honey Mayo flavors while the chicken legs and wings are available in Original, Spicy Honey, Szechuan Spicy and Honey Mayo flavors. The skins were crispy and tasty while the chicken meat was quite tender (I was able to cut the chicken steak using a flimsy plastic fork!)
Students also have a special treat: they just need to present their student ID and they can enjoy the Oh My Chicken Wing or the Oh My Chicken Leg plus a cup of rice for only Php98.
Diners can wash down the tasty fried chicken with their choice of tea-based beverages, the sugar content and ice levels of which may be customized by request.
- Black Sugar Fresh Milk Tea (Php98 for regular | Php108 for large)
- Black Sugar Milk Tea (Php88 for regular | Php98 for large)
- Black Sugar Green Milk Tea (Php88 for regular | Php98 for large)
- Fresh Kiwi Green Tea (Php98)
- Home-made Jasmine Tea (Php58)
- Home-made Ceylon Tea (Php58)
- Calamansi Green Tea (Php68)
- Special-made Ice Tea (Php78)
- Refreshing Lemonade (Php78)
- Calamansi Lemonade (Php68)
The milk teas were brewed from actual tea leaves while the fruit drinks were blended from fresh fruit.
Oh My Chicken is located at Alvarado Extension Corner Padre Algue Street, Tondo, Manila.
Disclosure: Together with other food bloggers, I was invited to attend a foodie meet-up held here. All the food items mentioned here were served to allow us to sample the fare and were not paid for by the attendees, including myself.
Check out my reviews of other milk tea establishments: