What can you expect when you find yourself at BLK 513? Coming from a recent visit with a friend at BLK 513’s SM North EDSA outlet, let me break it down for y’all!
One: Its unique dark colored frozen dark skim yogurt.
Made of Greek yogurt which is denser and creamier than regular yogurt, it is further enhanced by the inclusion of activated charcoal, one of the world’s oldest and most trusted detoxifying agent that promotes healthy digestion and anti-aging among others.
Two: The wide variety of crunchy ingredients that you can add to your froyo for added texture.
These include a gamut of cereals. cookie crumbs and cake bits so, wherever your taste lies in the crunch spectrum, there’s something that matches your preference. My favorite among these is the butter bars that serve as a wholesome yet decadent addition to my dessert.
Three: Fresh fruit bits that add more natural sweetness to your frozen treat.
Take your pick from chopped strawberries, cubed mangoes and peaches, sliced kiwi fruits and more. My favorites among these are peaches and mangoes which I think go really well with frozen yogurt.
Four: The array of premium dessert sauces that you can have drizzled into and on top of your froyo treat.
I still dream of the Valrhona Gold Milk that’s sadly still only available in BLK 513’s Glorietta branch. Choices available in this store include the herby Chocolate Chai Tea, the cookie butter goodness of Spice Cookie Caramel, Strawberry Cheesecake and the decadent Dark Valrhona Fudge. In this instance, I opted for the Faux Ferrero sauce; made with milk chocolate, hazelnut bits and cereal, it added even more interesting texture to my dessert.
Five: Instagrammable surrounding that serve as pretty backdrops for your froyo shots.
Despite occupying a small space in the mall, BLK 513 affords you many background or flatlay options for your foodie shots. Position your dessert against the faux green vines or the walls artfully decorated with sayings.
I love the feel of the froyo in my mouth as well as its not being overly sweet. With the crunchies, fruits and sauce added into the cup or cone, there is an interesting interplay of sweetness and tanginess as well as a mix of various textures.
BLK 513’s frozen Greek yogurt enhanced with activated charcoal offerings are available in two options:
Dark Skim Cup (Php189): froyo with your choice of one crunch, two fruits and one sauce.
Dark Skim Cone (Php150): froyo with your choice of one crunch and one sauce.
This BLK 513 branch is located at the Second Floor, Main Building, SM City North EDSA, Bago Bantay, Quezon City (open daily from 10am to 10pm)
Other branches are found at:
- Second Floor, Glorietta 1, Ayala Center, Glorietta Complex, Makati City (open daily from 9am to 10pm)
- Second Floor, Building A, SM Megamall, Ortigas, Mandaluyong City (open daily from 10am to 10pm)
- Level 2, S Maison, Conrad Manila, Seaside Boulevard Corner Coral Way, Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City (open daily from 10am to 10pm)
- Second Floor, Building A, SM Megamall, Ortigas, Mandaluyong City (open daily from 10am to 10pm).
- Bonifacio High Street, 7th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City (open daily from 10.30am to 10.30pm)
- Second Floor, Eastwood Mall, Libis, Quezon City (open daily from 11am to 10pm)
- Food Street, Upper Ground Floor, SM Southmall, Almanza, Las Piñas City (open daily from 10am to 9pm)
- Ground Floor, UP Town Center, Katipunan Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City (open Mondays to Thursdays from 11am to 9pm and Fridays to Sundays from 10am to 10pm)
- Ground Level, Ayala Malls Cloverleaf, A. Bonifacio Avenue, Balintawak, Quezon City (open daily 10am to 10pm)
Check out my reviews of other dessert places:
- Gelato Lab, Tomas Morato
- Hobing, BGC Stopover
- The Lost Bread, SM East Ortigas
- LlaoLlao, Glorietta
- Sugarhouse, Glorietta
- BLK 513, SM Megamall
- BLK 513, Glorietta
- Elait, Tomas Morato
- Cold Stone Creamery, BGC
- Chocolatier, Tomas Morato
- Jang Da Bang Cafe, Ortigas
- Auntie Anne’s, SM Hypermart
- Sugar Fix, Tomas Morato
- Coreon Gate, Metrowalk
- Indulge, Cubao
- Morelli’s, Powerplant Mall
3 thoughts on “What to expect at BLK 513, SM North EDSA”