After celebrating my niece’s birthday at Samgyeopmasarap, the family continued the Korean-themed celebration by having our dessert at the SM Marikina branch of Hobing.
Hobing specializes in bingsu, originally called patbingsu. This is a traditional Korean dessert made of finely shaved ice, sweetened by condensed milk, and enhanced by bits of fruit, candy or pastries. It may even be topped with ice cream or yoghurt.
The fam indulged in these yummy bingsu flavors:
Mango Cheese (Php350 for large). flavored with mango syrup with large cubes of ripe mango and New York Cheesecake bits, topped with vanilla ice cream and sprinkled with crushed almonds
Banana Mango (Php350 for large). Bananas and mangoes prove to be a winning combination in this bingsu flavored with injeolmi powder and chocolate syrup and topped with whipped cream.
Choco Cookie (Php270 for large). Crushed and whole Oreos give this bingsu a cookies n’ cream vibe with more chocolatey goodness from the chocolate syrup.
Caramel Coffee (Php395 for large). Satisfy your coffee craving with this bingsu treat made with coffee jelly, topped with mixed nuts and vanilla ice cream then drizzled with caramel sauce.
From Korean barbecue for dinner to Korean bingsu for dessert, my niece’s birthday celebration was a fun family get-together.
This Hobing outlet is located at Second Floor, SM City Marikina, Marcos Highway, Calumpang, Marikina City, open daily from 10am to 9pm.
Other branches are located at:
- Ground Floor, Glorietta 4, Ayala Center Glorietta Complex, Makati
- 72 Jupiter corner Mercury Street, Bel-Air, Makati
- Fifth Floor, SM Aura Premier, C5 Road corner 26th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
- Third Floor, BGC Stopover Pavilion, Rizal Drive corner 31st Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
- Ground Floor, Market! Market! Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
- Fifth Floor, Mega Fashion Hall, SM Megamall, Ortigas, Mandaluyong
- Lower Ground, Ayala Malls the 30th, Meralco Avenue, Ugong, Pasig
- Third Floor, Lucky Chinatown Mall, Binondo, Manila
- Third Floor, Robinsons Magnolia, New Manila, Quezon City
- Upper Ground Floor, SM City San Lazaro, Santa Cruz, Manila
- Second Floor, Eastwood Citywalk 2, Libis, Quezon City
- OK Street Food Court, K-Town @ Vertis North, Level 2, Ayala Malls Vertis North, Bagong Pag-asa, Quezon City
- Ground Floor, The Block, SM City North EDSA, Bago Bantay, Quezon City
- Second Floor, UP Town Center, Katipunan Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City
- Upper Ground Floor, Ayala Fairview Terraces, Maligaya Road corner Quirino Highway, Novaliches, Quezon City
Check out my reviews of other dessert places in the metro:
- Gelato Lab, Tomas Morato
- Hobing, BGC Stopover
- The Lost Bread, SM East Ortigas
- LlaoLlao, Glorietta
- Sugarhouse, Glorietta
- BLK 513, SM Megamall
- BLK 513, Glorietta
- Elait, Tomas Morato
- Elait, Eastwood Mall
- Cold Stone Creamery, BGC
- Chocolatier, Tomas Morato
- Jang Da Bang Cafe, Ortigas
- Auntie Anne’s, SM Hypermart
- Sugar Fix, Tomas Morato
- Coreon Gate, Metrowalk
- Indulge, Cubao
- Le Reve Patisserie, Ugong
- Hui Lau Shan, SM Megamall