What is it about cheesy drinks that get me all smiley?
Ever since Hui Lau Shan introduced its line of fruit drinks topped with a layer of foamy salty-sweet cream cheese over a month ago, I’ve been looking forward to tasting taste of all three.
Hui Lau Shan is a Hong Kong-based chain of dessert shops known for its innovative dessert and beverage creations, many of which incorporate Philippine carabao mangoes.
Until yesterday, that is.
Fresh from lunch at Salamangka, and armed with GCs I won from an Instagram promo, a friend and I headed off to Hui Lau Shan’s Eastwood Mall branch for dessert.
There I got myself my long-awaited Avocado Cheesy Milk (Php140) while a friend got an Oolong Cheesy Milk (Php100).
The Avocado Cheesy Milk combines the sweet buttery and creamy avocado flavor with the richness of the cheesy milk.
I also got a Jumbo Mango Chewy Ball (Php250) to bring home to share with my kiddos. We loved the combination of chewy glutinous rice balls and mango cubes in mango juice and topped with egg-free mango ice cream.
So, now, I’ve completed the fruit Cheesy Milk series: achievement unlocked!
And I think that will bring a big smile everyday.
Thanks to James of Recommend Eat for the GCs!
This Hui Lau Shan branch is located at Second Floor, Eastwood Mall, Libis, Quezon City.
Other branches are located at:
- The Block, SM North EDSA, Bago Bantay, Quezon City
- Mega Atrium, SM Megamall, Ortigas, Mandaluyong City
- Promenade, Greenhills Shopping Center, San Juan
- UP Town Center, Diliman, Quezon City
- SM City Fairview, Novaliches, Quezon City
Check out my reviews of other dessert places in the metro:
- Loraine’s Coffee and Pastries, Santa Lucia
- Hui Lau Shan, SM North EDSA
- Coffee Time, Santolan
- Taki Taki, Century City Mall
- Aqua S, SM North EDSA
- BLK 513, SM North EDSA
- Hui Lau Shan, Greenhills
- Affojeans, SM North
- Gelato Lab, Tomas Morato
- Hobing, BGC Stopover
- The Lost Bread, SM East Ortigas
- LlaoLlao, Glorietta
- Sugarhouse, Glorietta
- BLK 513, SM Megamall
- BLK 513, Glorietta
- Elait, Tomas Morato
- Elait, Eastwood Mall
- Cold Stone Creamery, BGC
- Chocolatier, Tomas Morato
- Jang Da Bang Cafe, Ortigas
- Auntie Anne’s, SM Hypermart
- Sugar Fix, Tomas Morato
- Coreon Gate, Metrowalk
- Indulge, Cubao
- Le Reve Patisserie, Ugong
- Hui Lau Shan, SM Megamall
- Hobing, SM Marikina