The rainy season might be over but I’m still not over my ramen phase.
There’s just something about tonkotsu ramen that is so irresistible to me…
Is it the steaming hot and creamy broth flavored with pork bone boiled for hours? Is it the way the firm freshly made pulled noodles feel against my lips as I slurp them from the bowl? Is it way the pork chashu slice seems to melt in my mouth as soon as I bite into it?
Whatever it is, my #RamenPhase is here to stay. Thankfully, there’s a place near my office where I can satisfy my cravings that’s also easy on the budget.
At the Kyukyu Ramen 99 branch in the Shopwise Crossings Supermarket along Quezon Avenue, I can get a bowl of tonkotsu ramen for only Php159. It is a nondescript stall that gives a taste of authentic ramen at affordable prices.
So rain or shine, I can find some comfort in my favorite ramen a short ride away from my office.
Kyukyu Ramen 99 is located at Ground Floor, Shopwise Crossings Supermarket, Quezon Avenue, Bgy. South Triangle, Quezon City, open daily from 9am to 9pm.
Other branches are located at:
- Quezon City: Farmer’s Plaza, Ayala Malls Cloverleaf Balintawak,
- Manila: UST Campus
- Mandaluyong: Starmall EDSA-Shaw Boulevard
- Marikina: Ayala Malls Marikina
Check out my reviews of other Japanese restaurants:
- Fukuruo Nihonryori, Cainta
- ICHO Japanese Restaurant, Greenhills
- Shizuka Cafe, Little Baguio
- Hodai, West Triangle
- Tori Chizu, UP Town Center
- Yabu, Robinsons Place Magnolia
- Sandaya Yakiniku, Fisher Mall
- Dads-Saisaki-Kamayan, SM Megamall
- Katsu Sora, Greenhills
- Cafe Shibuya, Glorietta
- Ariake, Tomas Morato
- Rai Rai Ken, SM Taytay
- Tokyo Bubble Tea, Tomas Morato
- Ramen Nagi, SM North
- Yoshinoya, SM City North EDSA
- Hiro, SM East Ortigas
- Ramen Nagi, Robinsons Galleria
- Katsu Sora, Trinoma
- Isaribi, Tomas Morato
- Zipang, Tomas Morato
- Omotenashi, Tomas Morato
- Saboten, BGC
- Osaka Takoyaki, SM East Ortigas
- Tenya Tempura Tendon, BGC
- Hanamaruken, Trinoma
- Teriyaki Boy, SM East Ortigas
- Ramen Kuroda, SM Marikina
- Don Bao, Kapitolyo
- Ramen Nagi, Greenbelt
- Menya Noodle & Bento Bar, Greenhills
- Kazoku, Tomas Morato
- Izakaya Flame, BGC
- Dohtonbori, SM Megamall
- Dohtonbori, Greenhills
- Sumo Sam, Gateway Mall
- Soru Izakaya, Ugong