It seems that for any Pinoy having a meal ot a snack, the experience won’t be complete without someone to share it with.
Well, Pinoy meals are best enjoyed with friends and family.
That’s probably the concept behind the newly opened stall in Podium Mall and its mother restaurant in BGC, both named Friends & Family.
Its food offerings harken back to old-timey faves and twists on classic Filipino recipes that kith and kin can all come together to enjoy.
One evening after work, I got together with my college girl daughter #ExhibitA for a bout of shopping and dinner at The Podium Mall.
Since I was gifted with a Raintree Restaurants GC last Christmas, we decided to use it at the Friends & Family Express stall at The Corner Market Food Hall.
There, we were able to some of F&F’s signature dishes such as:
Mr. Jones US Beef Garlic Tapa (Php195). Tender beef tapa served on a sizzling plate with fried egg, pares rice and sinigang soup.
Beef Pares (Php275). Braised beef stew also served on a sizzling plate with a soft-boiled egg, pares rice and sinigang soup.
Ube Champorado (Php175). A large bowl of champorado flavored with purple yam instead of tablea chocolate served with a piece of dilis for a bit of salty contrast to the sweet porridge.
Foodies seeking for cool and exciting twists to everyday Pinoy food will find their cravings satisfied at Friends & Family.
Thanks to Marj for the GC.
Friends & Family Express is located at The Corner Market Food Hall, Second Floor, The Podium Mall, Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong City.
The flagship store of Friends and Family is located at Bonifacio High Street Central, 7th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.
During the enhanced community quarantine, F&F’s BGC branch offers curbside pickup and delivers through its hotline +63 917 8917053 or via GrabFood and FoodPanda.
Download the Grab App on the App Store or Google Play. Get a discount on your first food order when you use my code: GRABJELLYBEANS.
Use this link to download the FoodPanda app and get Php100 off your first order.
Check out my reviews of other Filipino restaurants:
- Mang Inasal, Libis
- Max’s, Tomas Morato
- Pares Retiro, Tomas Morato
- 121 Restaurant, BGC Stopover
- 121 Restaurant, Allegro Center
- Manam Comfort Filipino, Trinoma
- Tahanan Bistro, Antipolo
- Liloan’s Pride, California Garden Square
- Bench Cafe, Trinoma
- Kusina Moderne, Poblacion
- Bai’s Boneless Lechon Cebu, Pasig
- Liloan’s Pride Liempo, Greenhills
- Abbiocco, Paligsahan
- Chef Robert, Greenhills
- The Lechon Shop, Tomas Morato
- Angus Tapa Centrale, Tomas Morato
- Gerry’s Grill, Tomas Morato
- Luna J Filipino Gastropub, Tomas Morato
- Gerry’s Grill, SM Marikina
- Bacolod Chicken Parilla, Tomas Morato
- Classic Savory, SM East Ortigas
- Jaytee’s Tagaytay
- Buddy’s, Cubao
- Cabalen, Ayala Malls Feliz
- Limbaga 77, Tomas Morato
- Victorino’s, Tomas Morato
- Locavore, Kapitolyo
- Recipes, Tomas Morato
- Mozu at Ming’s, Tagaytay
- Siglo Modern Filipino, Tagaytay
- Conti’s, Greenbelt
- 13 Ubay Street, Banawe
- Ilustrado Restaurant, Intramuros
- Rico’s Lechon, Tiendesitas
- Fika, Capitol Hills, QC
- Sartin, Tagaytay
- Lazat, Tomas Morato
- Romulo Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Lobo Filipino Tavern, Poblacion
- Joliant, Tomas Morato
- Ombu Kusina, Tomas Morato
- Padi’s Point, Sumulong
- Padi’s Point, Upper Antipolo
- Padi’s Point, Tomas Morato
- Padi’s Point, Metro East
- Sisig Society, Fisher Mall
- Tapsi ni Vivian, Pasig
- Lola Cafe, Tomas Morato
- Pamana, Tomas Morato