Feeling down? Or hot, for that matter?
I find that a bit of a cold treat can both lift my spirits and cool me down. With the summer season sneaking in, my preferences run to either milk teas or ice cream.
Why not both?
At Dairy Queen branch in The Portal Greenfield District, I was able to sample DQ’s new Brown Sugar Milk Tea series which brings a milk tea twist to our favorite frozen dessert.
Check them out:
Oreo Freeze (Php99 for 12oz | Php119 for 16oz). An ice-blended beverage flavored with milk tea, brown sugar syrup, popping boba, fresh milk and topped with DQ’s soft-serve ice cream and whipped cream, generously laden with crushed Oreos.
Popping Boba Float (Php109 for 12oz | Php119 for 16oz). Made with milk tea swirled with brown sugar syrup, pearls, milk and a helping of DQ’s soft-serve vanilla ice cream.
DQ is where I had my first taste of blizzards – soft-serve ice cream mechanically blended with mix-ins, served upside-down or they’re free – and this new series comes with two brown sugar milk tea-flavored blizzards.
Brown Sugar Oreo Blizzard (Php59 for mini | Php95 for regular | Php109 medium | Php139 for large). Made with vanilla ice-cream blitzed with crushed Oreos and brown sugar syrup.
Popping Coffee Boba Blizzard (Php59 for mini | Php95 for regular | Php109 medium | Php139 for large). Made with coffee ice cream with milk tea flavor, brown sugar syrup and popping boba.
The crowning gem of the series is the Ultimate Milk Tea Parfait (Php129 for 12oz). It’s made with layers of vanilla ice cream, brown sugar syrup and milk tea powder.
With its Brown Sugar Milk Tea series, Dairy Queen is sure to usher in a cool and yummy summer.
Many thanks to Kaycee of DateForTwo for extending DQ’s invitation!
This Dairy Queen branch is located at The Portal, Greenfield District, Barangay Highway Hills, Mandaluyong City, open from 10am to 7pm during the community quarantine for takeout and delivery via FoodPanda.
Use this link to download the FoodPanda app and get Php100 off your first order.
Other Dairy Queen outlets are located at:
- Mandaluyong: SM Megamall, SM Light Mall, Forum Robinsons
- Pasig: SM City East Ortigas, Robinsons Metro East, Ayala Malls The 30th
- Quezon City: Eastwood Citywalk 1, Robinsons Galleria, Ali Mall Cubao, Cyberpark Towers Cubao, Kia Theater Cubao, Gateway Mall Cubao, Robinsons Magnolia, Fisher Mall, Trinoma Mall, SM City North EDSA, SM Cherry Congressional, SM City Novaliches, SM City Fairview, Robinsons Novaliches, Ayala Fairview Terraces
- Marikina: SM City Marikina, Riverbanks Center, SM Sta. Mesa
- San Juan: Theater Mall Greenhills
- Taguig: Market! Market! BGC, St. Luke’s Medical Center BGC, Venice Grand Mall
- Makati: Glorietta, Paseo Center, Alphaland Makati Place, Makati Medical Center, Alphaland Southgate Mall, Waltermart Makati
- Paranaque: NAIA Terminal 3, SM City Bicutan, Okada Manila Entertainment City, SM City Sucat
- Manila: Robinsons Place Manila, SM City Manila, SM City San Lazaro, Tutuban Center Mall, 168 Shopping Mall
- Pasay: Blue Bay Walk MOA Complex, Main Mall SM Mall of Asia
- Caloocan: SM Center Sangandaan
- Valenzuela: SM City Valenzuela
- Las Pinas: SM Southmall, SM Center Las Pinas
- Alabang: Alabang Town Center, Starmall Alabang
- Muntinlupa: Festival Mall
Check out my reviews of other dessert shops in the metro:
- Tim Horton’s, L&Y Plaza
- J.CO Donuts, SM Megamall
- Shari Shari, BGC
- Avocadoria.ph, Ayala Malls Vertis North
- Cara Mia, Robinsons Galleria
- Fiorgelato, Sta Lucia East
- Morelli’s, Shangri-la Plaza
- Morelli’s, Powerplant Mall
- Tsoko.Nut Batirol, Tomas Morato
- Miguelito’s Hyped Mangoes, Tomas Morato
- Hui Lau Shan, Eastwood Mall
- Loraine’s Coffee and Pastry Shop, Santa Lucia
- Hui Lau Shan, SM North EDSA
- Coffee Time, Santolan
- Taki Taki, Century City Mall
- Aqua S, SM North EDSA
- BLK 513, SM North EDSA
- Hui Lau Shan, Greenhills
- Affojeans, SM North
- Gelato Lab, Tomas Morato
- Hobing, BGC Stopover
- The Lost Bread, SM East Ortigas
- LlaoLlao, Glorietta
- Sugarhouse, Glorietta
- BLK 513, SM Megamall
- BLK 513, Glorietta
- Elait, Tomas Morato
- Elait, Eastwood Mall
- Cold Stone Creamery, BGC
- Chocolatier, Tomas Morato
- Jang Da Bang Cafe, Ortigas
- Auntie Anne’s, SM Hypermart
- Sugar Fix, Tomas Morato
- Coreon Gate, Metrowalk
- Indulge, Cubao
- Le Reve Patisserie, Ugong
- Hui Lau Shan, SM Megamall
- Hobing, SM Marikina