I had my first taste of Dairy Queen’s blizzards back when I was in high school (such a long, long time ago! Sigh!). After the last of our quarterly exams, my schoolmates and I made a beeline to SM Megamall to decompress.
Back then, the blizzard was totally new to me. For me, ice cream was something scooped out of a tub and served as is, or if you’re feeling fancy, with toppings. I found the concept of mechanically mixing ice cream while at the same time mixing in sundae toppings, and then handing it over to the customer upside down as proof of the thick creaminess of the ice cream absolutely amazing.
Fast-forward to a few decades later and I still enjoy Dairy Queen’s Blizzards, this time with the fam. As it happens, blizzards are dessert treats that appeal to the entire fam.
Despite being quarantined at home, we were still able to indulge ourselves with our icy dessert simply by ordering these Dairy Queen Blizzards via GrabFood.
Rocky Road Blizzard (Php110). My go-to blizzard order since high school, these are made with DQ’s soft-serve ice cream mixed with cocoa fudge, marshmallows and peanuts. As it happens, I share my taste in DQ Blizzards with both Hubby and my son #ExhibitB.
Oreo Blizzard (Php110). My daughter #ExhibitA’s only choice for her DQ Blizzard, being partial to Oreos herself. These are made with crumbled Oreo cookie pieces mixed into creamy vanilla soft-serve ice cream.
As these are frozen treats, it’s best to eat them as soon as they arrive! (And for heaven’s sake, don’t flip them upside down!) 😜
To get your Blizzards and more from Dairy Queen delivered to your home, call +63 2 89111111, order online, or course your orders through GrabFood, FoodPanda or Lalafood.
Download the Grab App and get a discount on your first food order when you use my code: GRABJELLYBEANS.
Use this link to download the FoodPanda app and get Php100 off your first order.
Download the LalaFood App and get a free delivery coupon when you use my code: BEINGJMR53
Check out my reviews of other dessert shops in the metro:
- Goldilocks, San Isidro
- Lia’s Cakes in Season, Kapitolyo
- Brownies Unlimited, SM Megamall
- Cafe Mary Grace, SM East Ortigas
- Cafe Mary Grace, Eastwood Mall
- Cafe Mary Grace, Greenbelt
- Krispy Kreme, SM Megamall
- Krispy Kreme, San Isidro
- Krispy Kreme, SM Center Pasig
- Bake My Day, Libis
- Avocadoria.PH, Greenhills
- Avocadoria.PH, Estancia Mall
- Avocadoria.PH, Robinsons Galleria
- Dairy Queen, Greenfield District
- Tim Horton’s, L&Y Plaza
- J.CO Donuts, SM Megamall
- Shari Shari, BGC
- Avocadoria.ph, Ayala Malls Vertis North
- Cara Mia, Robinsons Galleria
- Fiorgelato, Sta Lucia East
- Morelli’s, Shangri-la Plaza
- Morelli’s, Powerplant Mall
- Tsoko.Nut Batirol, Tomas Morato
- Miguelito’s Hyped Mangoes, Tomas Morato
- Hui Lau Shan, Eastwood Mall
- Loraine’s Coffee and Pastry Shop, Santa Lucia
- Hui Lau Shan, SM North EDSA
- Coffee Time, Santolan
- Taki Taki, Century City Mall
- Aqua S, SM North EDSA
- BLK 513, SM North EDSA
- Hui Lau Shan, Greenhills
- Affojeans, SM North
- Gelato Lab, Tomas Morato
- Hobing, BGC Stopover
- The Lost Bread, SM East Ortigas
- LlaoLlao, Glorietta
- Sugarhouse, Glorietta
- BLK 513, SM Megamall
- BLK 513, Glorietta
- Elait, Tomas Morato
- Elait, Eastwood Mall
- Cold Stone Creamery, BGC
- Chocolatier, Tomas Morato
- Jang Da Bang Cafe, Ortigas
- Auntie Anne’s, SM Hypermart
- Sugar Fix, Tomas Morato
- Coreon Gate, Metrowalk
- Indulge, Cubao
- Le Reve Patisserie, Ugong
- Hui Lau Shan, SM Megamall
- Hobing, SM Marikina